Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Finance Assistant at RTI international
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI is currently seeking to fill a vacancy for the Kenya Crops & Dairy Market Systems (KCDMS) Activity which is part of the Feed the Future program, America’s initiative to combat global hunger and poverty. In this regard, USAID is partnering with RTI International on a 5-year (Oct 2017 to Sept 2022) cooperative agreement – KCDMS Activity – to help increase agricultural production and reduce poverty and malnutrition in Kenya. The project will also spur competitive, resilient market systems in Kenya’s horticulture and dairy sectors. We seek to recruit a Finance Assistant to be based in the Nairobi office.
The primary role for this position is to process day to day accounting transactions for the project. The position is specifically responsible for processing KCDMS staff advances, review of expense reports, preparation of advance status report and processing reimbursements to various beneficiaries. The position will also work with the administration team to receive and review invoices for payment processing. Keying in of financial transactions in Quick Books is a key role for this position.
- Process KCDMS staff advance requests based on approvals.
- Review and reconcile KCDMS staff expense reports. Follow up with staff to clear/clarify any outstanding items and ensure all advances are liquidated within the policy deadlines.
- Prepare reimbursements and other allowances for KCDMS activities.
- Prepare payment vouchers ensuring that all the required support documents are attached.
- Load payments onto Stanchart platform and follow up for prompt release of funds to vendors
- Key financial transactions (advances, expense reports, beneficiaries’ reimbursements) and other financial transactions in QB accounting system. Ensure relevant documents have been scanned and linked to the transactions.
- Identify any errors with advances or expense reports and work with the supervisor to pass correcting journals.
- Perform field audit visits when required
- Ensure all financial transactions are filed sequentially in well labelled box files after booking into QB.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting and 3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA Part II is an added advantage.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
RTI does not permit any payment requests demanded during any part of the hiring process. If such requests are made, please report it to the RTI Ethics Office via HRethics@rti.org. Any candidate making any payment will be disqualified from consideration for future employment with RTI.
Ethics Notice: No one at RTI may ever demand payment for anything of value in exchange for anything related to the hiring process (including, for example, for applying for, interviewing for, or receiving any offer of employment). If any such request is made, please report this request confidentially to RTI’s Ethics office at HRethics@rti.org. Any payment made will disqualify any applicant from future employment at RTI. Please only use the HRethics@rti.org email address to report ethics concerns; any job applications sent to this email address will not be processed.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to APPLY