Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Greenblade Growers a subsidiary of Centum seeks to recruit a Commercial Manager for its Tumaini Operations in Ol Kalou
This is a key role that will lead the Greenblade Commercial function. The incumbent will be a strategic thinker whose inputs gets incorporated in the development of annual, medium term and long-term business plans. Through focused market development, product mix optimization, and pricing decisions and cost-effective sourcing of products from outgrowers, the incumbent will be responsible for revenue generation and management of cost of sales to enhance the company’s gross profit.
The key purpose of this role is to develop and manage the market for Greenblade products and ensure that sales orders meet or exceed the budget at any given month. The incumbent will be responsible for seeking new markets and customers to drive business growth as per the business plan.
Market Development and Revenue generation
- Lead the development of new export markets for herbs to a minimum of 20 tons a week produced by Greenblade and outgrowers, mainly Chives (70%-80%), Mint (10%-20%), Rosemary (5%-10%) and others (5%-10%). Others include such as Chervil, Taragon, Marjoram, Corriander, Dill ((5%-10%)
- End-to-end management of existing and new customers, including demand estimation, receiving, and processing of orders, liaising with packhouse team in sourcing from Tumaini farm and other outgrowers, quality and quantity control, billing, processing of returns and collection of cash.
- Lead the development of new export and local market for vegetables and coordinating with the farm team to ensure profitable production and efficient and optimized land use.
Product mix and pricing decision support
- Based on customer engagement and feedback, advise the farm team on the best product mix in sales maximisation.
- Based on customer engagement and understanding of the market, design and get approval for pricing strategies that aim at maximizing sales including offering products to customers willing to pay higher prices during peak demand as well as in using quantity discounts to push sales in times of low demand.
Risk Management and Compliance
- Ensure that the company is in full compliance to all regulations and certifications and standards relating to outbound logistics, including harvesting and post-harvest /packhouse operations, traceability reports, HDI, NTSA (for shipping truck)
- Ensure that contracts with suppliers, out-growers and customers are up to date. Monitor compliance levels and ensure full compliance to these contracts.
- Carry out research and market intelligence to ensure that the company’s strategic plan is nimble enough to respond to changes in the market-product fit.
- A degree in horticulture or a relevant course in business
- Entrepreneurial with experience in pricing, product mix and Gross Profit Margin enhancement
- Commercially astute especially in clients and product management
- Excellent communication, negotiation, networking, and business development skills
- A proven track record of creating demand in a similar role of at least 20 tons a week or export sales of no less than Kshs 10 Million a month.
- Has a verifiable network of existing client relationships for the export market.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar work environment/ agri-business
Those interested and meet the above requirements can send their application letters and CV on or before 28th February 2021
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
Green Blade is an Equal Opportunity Employer.