Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the successful candidate will be performing Clubs’ budgetary and financial analysis and prepare accurate financial reports in adherence to accounting principles in a timely manner. The position holder will also be responsible for monitoring all financial data and prepare accurate statements for the Club.
Particular Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure daily banking’s.
- Sales vs. banking reporting.
- Under Bank reconciliations.
• Bank reconciliations
• M-pesa vs. general ledger reconciliations.
• Credit card vs. general ledger reconciliations.
• Review creditor reconciliation
Period end closing
- General ledger reconciliation
- Analyze revenue and expenditure accounts
- Follow up on period end accruals
- Posting of end of period journals
- Inventory management/audit
- Conduct regular spot checks during physical inventory count
- Reconcile inventory count to Stock ledger
- Inventory variance analysis
- Review correctness of system Unit of Measure
- Protection of financial and non-financial assets.
- Identify potential problems, independently formulate solutions and make recommendations to the senior Accountant.
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Responsible for maintaining departmental records and ensuring that internal audit controls are followed as provided in club’s policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce or business related studies together with professional qualifications in CPA (part 1)/ ACCA equivalent
- Minimum (3) years progressive accounting experience preferably in hospitality Industry.
- Experience with computerized accounting etc.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain financial integrity of the department.
- Ability to make sound judgment and problem-solving.
- Tact, diplomacy and flexibility in interacting with members of the Club and staff.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com including cover letter, current and expected remuneration and detailed resume. Deadline for application is Friday 19th March 2021 at COB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.