Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ICT SUPPORT OFFICER (REF: ACT/ICT/01/2021)
This is technical role that supports the ICT function in delivering which is designated to ICT support to all staff of Act! and ensures the smooth running of all ICT supported operations and work activities. The holder of this role is charged with the responsibility to maintain all ICT facilities and equipment (hardware, software, and networking/communications). S/he will perform installations, maintenance, user training, and user support, as required for servers, VSAT’s and personal computers; plans and coordinates projects to meet future needs.
The holder of this position reports to the IT Manager, who is the functional head. The ICT function is part of the Finance and Operations department. As technical resource within the ICT team, the holder of this role will exercise a high degree of discretion and confidentiality in supporting the ICT function to set the direction for ICT technical developments and to oversee the implementation of all ICT functions, development and technical support to staff and branch offices.
- • Optimum systems availability
- • Minimum system disruptions
- • Sound system maintenance plans
- • Sound security controls
- • Minimum systems downtime
- • Efficient use support systems
- • High quality ICT hardware and software
- University Degree in IT related field e.g. Computer Science and Information Systems or any other related field.
- Professional Qualifications
- • Professional/Additional Qualification and Professional Certifications such as MCSE, CCNA, Linux +/LPI and Oracle database applications are highly desirable.
- • UNIX Administration knowledge, knowledge of Microsoft IIS and Apache is preferred, knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000/2003 server.
- Indicative level of Experience
- • Minimum demonstrated 3 years’ experience of solid ICT work in a similar environment.
Essential Skills and Competencies
- • System design skills
- • User need definition skills
- • Ability to customize systems to specific corporate environment
- • Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision
- • Proven inter-personal, decision making and analytical skills
- • Demonstrated ability to work as a team player in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- • Experience in website maintenance, network administration, advanced knowledge of database management (Oracle, MySQL etc.)
- • Excellent communication skills
How to Apply:
If you meet the requirements as contained in the position description, please submit (1) a detailed and current CV; (2) an Application Cover Letter demonstrating why you qualify for the position, quoting your current/last gross salary and three referees including their most current contact details. All applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number (ACT/ICT/01/2021) and position on the e-mail subject line. Only candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
Deadline for applications submission is COB 5:00 PM Tuesday 23rd March, 2021.