Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SoCha (a word created by combining the terms Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges. We are a veteran-owned small business, registered in the United States and headquartered in Mauritius, which is an IT hub for Southern Hemisphere international organizations. SoCha is structured to be nimble and flexible, where we can rapidly respond to evaluative and analytical requests globally and have a well-established network across Africa and Asia. Since our inception in 2010, we have grown from a consortium of globally recognized experts who specialize in evaluating the effectiveness of development assistance, to a full-fledged ME&L services firm that specializes in advancing innovative methodologies and changing the way donors find solutions to social problems.
USAID/Kenya and East Africa (KEA) seeks to advance the journey to self-reliance (J2SR) for Kenya and the broader region. SoCha LLC implements the Mission Support for the Journey to Self-Reliance Pivot (MSP) activity, supporting USAID/KEA to understand context, align programs, collect data, understand complexity, and apply learning to program adaptation.
Scope of Work:
The MSP program, implemented by SoCha LLC, seeks a Third Party Monitoring (TPM) lead consultant to provide overall technical guidance and support for a third-party monitoring and verification activity for select USAID partners based in Mandera county. The consultant will be contracted by SoCha and will report directly to the designated M&V Coordinator.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The consultant will support MSP and USAID/KEA in the following tasks:
- Provide technical guidance, support and oversight of the activity.
- Take lead in undertaking desk review of implementing partner reports, activity briefs, and other relevant documents.
- Take lead in the development of the data collection tools.
- Participate in the pilot of the data collection tools, in-person and/or remote as well as any other data collection activities deemed necessary.
- Support the development of the reporting templates.
- Support in writing the findings report and in presenting to the Mission/ stakeholders.
- Participate in regular check-in calls and debriefs with the Mission and MSP staff.
- Other activities as agreed upon with MSP staff.
- Have a masters degree or doctoral in health, nutrition, WASH or related fields from a recognized university.
- Proven ability to plan, manage, and implement monitoring activities related to health, nutrition, WASH, food security and livelihoods.
- Strong familiarity of planning, managing and implementing emergency and response programs.
- Past experience working/ supporting or implementing programs in the Arid and Semi-Arid Lands (ASAL) of Kenya.
- Ability to diplomatically communicate and work effectively with a wide range of USAID implementing partners and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and writing skills, with proven experience in authoring TPM reports.
- Possess excellent communication, presentation skills, with experience in presenting to the Mission, National Government, or related entities.
The following deliverables will be required:
- Analysis of documents reviewed and completed desk review checklist.
- Developed and approved data collection tools.
- Feedback on data collection tool(s) and pilot.
- Qualitative and quantitative datasets.
- Daily briefing notes and transcripts.
- Final report(s) and presentation(s).
- Other items as required by the team leader.
Will be based in Nairobi, but may be required to travel to Mandera county.
LOE or Contract Length:
The consultant is expected to work for a period of approximately 30 days, from May 1- June 25, 2021.
How to apply:
Suitably skilled and qualified candidates are encouraged to lodge an application by submitting their CV via the form below:
Applications close on 29th April 2021.