Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB TITLE: Finance Assistant
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
Sustainable Agricultural Information Initiative (SAII) is a regional Not for Profit development organization with over 10 years of experience in delivering agricultural development and resilience-building interventions focused on value chain development in the ASAL and other counties of Kenya. The NGO is concerned with the promotion of sustainable agricultural practices to eradicate hunger and extreme poverty by implementing innovative, enterprising and sustainable interventions that contribute to mainstreaming good agricultural practices and market-oriented approaches, generating and diversifying household incomes among smallholder farmers and enterprising youth & women enterprises, thereby contributing to the long-term agenda of ensuring a food secure and a healthy nation.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for the following:
1. Posting and processing transactions,
· Ensuring all transactions are correctly posted to their correct accounts, to reflect the true financial status of entities handled.
· Ensuring all transactions are correctly backed and proper authorization channels are followed before processing payments.
2. Coordinating payroll preparations and other advances
· Ensuring payroll is prepared on time as per organization policies. Advances and other payments are processed and retired accurately.
3. Maintenance of fixed assets register.
· Establishing the register for SEAL & SAII.
4. Financial reports
· Ensuring reports are up to date in xero, figures are updated on a daily basis. All reports are accurate, timely and up to date.
5. Bank reconciliations
· All banks are fully reconciled on a weekly basis and reports generated at the end of the month
6. Financial records management
· Developing a robust filing system that facilitates easy retrieval of documents.
· Arranging chronologically and labelling vouchers for ease of tracking and tracing.
· Assisting implementing the SharePoint record management system.
· Incorporating Zero an online filing platform that keeps record chronologically and Updating in real time
7. Developing accounting policies
· Emphasizing on strict adherence to correct accounting procedures set by the organization.
· Assisting in the process of reviewing current policies and updating where possible.
· Preparing Invoices and sending to clients on time, with proper follow ups procedures.
9. Statutory returns (PAYE, NSSF NHIF and VAT).
The ideal and successful candidate should meet the following profile:
- Applicant must have a Bachelors degree in Business Administration or Bachelor of Commerce (Finance or Accounting specialization) with strong academic credentials.
- Applicant must have at least 2-3 years of relevant working experience
- Possession of a master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or other relevant fields is an added advantage.
- CPA/ACCA qualification
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a responsible way.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
Candidates who meet the requirements should send their CV and a cover letter motivating their interest in the position, detailing current and expected salary and Skype and mobile contacts by COB (24th APRIL 2021) and follow the application instructions on the site.
Sustainable Agricultural Information Initiative (SAII), is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates, whose CVs are received into our database will be contacted.