Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA.
Lead SDET-Channels & Core IT – (21000197)
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the DIT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Quality Engineering Lead the position holder will be responsible for standardizing the quality engineering practices across all quality engineering chapters in channels & core IT domains.
- Responsible for defining and driving the software quality strategy and roadmap in functional/non-functional and automation within all quality chapters under channels & core IT
- Responsible for providing direction to the QE engineers and chapters to ensure the activities of the team are aligned with all stakeholders
- Responsible for setting up quality gates and criteria for all testing activities within channels and core IT and ensuring adherence to these gates
- Responsible for performing and providing guidance and mentoring on Blackbox & white box testing using best in class procedures and technologies
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the test regression suites for Core IT systems, ensuring over 80% automation to reduce testing man hours and reducing testing time
- Bachelor of Science Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Development or related subject.
- Must have ISTQB Certification (Test Manager certification, Advanced test automation certification or performance testing certification)
- 5 years + experience in software testing in a busy IT environment
- Strong understanding of the software Testing Life cycle
- Experience in managing large test teams
- Ability to effectively manage competing resources and priorities
- Experience and vast knowledge in Test Driven Development approaches
- Must have experience in CI/CD tools such as Jenkins/Drone/Travis/GitlabCi
- Strong risk identification and mitigation planning skills
- Experience in Micro services and containerization platforms
- Experience in Test automation tools and techniques such as Selenium, TestNG, cucumber, Appium etc.
- Experience in performance engineering and tools such as JMeter, Locust.io, HP Load runner