Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Date of issue: June 7 th, 2021
Deadline for application: June 15th, 2021
Shortlisting: June 17th, 2021
Online written Test: June 21st, 2021
Online interviews: June 22nd 2021
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Duty Station/Mission: Nairobi, MSF Belgium – Kenya Supply Unit [KSU]
Duration: 1 year contract [extendable]
Objective of the Position:
Performing the day to day activities in KSU pharmacy department according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of activities.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Ensures accurate and timely data entry in PPB’s system for the application of import and export permits.
- Monitors the approval of permits and shares with his/her Line Manager, the Transport Department, The Mission Pharmacist.
- Ensures that the Import Permit Follow up Tool is up to date.
- Ensures accurate inventory of narcotics and psychotropic according to the pharmacy activity schedule drafted by KSU’s pharmacist.
- In collaboration with the Line Manager, supports KSU team during inventory in the warehouses.
- Verifies quarantined stocks that are subject to a batch recalls or quality alerts.
- Encodes formalities [e.g. positive medical stock discrepancies and returns from the field] in the ERP system and files those requests.
- Assists the Line Manager with the GDP self-inspection. Reports observations and other outcomes and works proactively on the CAP and implementation of it.
- Downloads monthly the temperature readings from all KSU’s warehouses and cold rooms, files according to GDP guidelines.
- Assists in ensuring GDP guidelines according to Kenyan and EU regulations. Implements, trains and monitors adherence – in collaboration with Line Manager – within KSU.
- Files job cards, temperature records, any correspondence and other documents given by the Line Manager.
- Verifies stocks for disposal and submits an application for destruction to PPB according to the schedule defined by the Line Manager. The application is shared with Line Manager for following up with PPB.
- Checks incoming locally procured medical items during the reception process in the warehouse according to the SOP. Any non-conformity needs to be reported to Line Manager immediately.
- Back-ups KSU’s Pharmacist on tasks and responsibilities according to the SOPs for the department and other tasks requested by General Manager.
- Ensures overall integrity, accuracy and tidiness of information shared, the filing system, ERP system, and other databases that are linked to the position.
- In addition, performs any other duty as assigned by the Line Manager in order to allow the organization to function optimally.
- Drafts and updates SOP’s and WI’s for his/her position.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized institution and must be registered by Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Pharmacy administration and procedures.
- Previous working experience with MSF or other NGOs is preferable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to multitask, prioritise, time management, attentive to details, flexible and adaptability, accurate, diplomacy, culturally sensitive and able to work under pressure.
- Computer literacy ( Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in written and oral English & Swahili.
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to ONLY submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae mentioning on the envelop/ email subject line, “Pharmacy Technician”, to:
The HR Manager
Médecins Sans Frontières Belgium-KSU P.O.
Box 38897-00623, Nairobi
Applications must be received by the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee.