Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
Wärtsilä is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. We Wärtsilians help our customers unlock the value of energy transition by optimizing their energy systems and future-proofing their assets. Did you know Wärtsilä has delivered 73 GW of power plant capacity in 180 countries around the world, including 80 energy storage systems?
In this era of innovation and fast changing world of energy, we are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology – together. Want to join the ride?
Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
Wärtsilä Eastern Africa Ltd has an existing O&M Contract with Gulf Power Limited up to Dec 2024 for the 80 MW Athi River II Power Plant, Kenya. WEA is looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor with the following duties and responsibilities, skills and qualifications.
What will you be doing?
- Prepare work reports after every completed job and ensure that the data files are completed and current.
- Inspect completed work to check that repairs have been completed correctly and that machinery and equipment conform to specifications and safety standards.
- Monitor the condition of maintenance equipment, materials, parts, and tools that are used by maintenance employees in their day-today activities.
- Coach and mentor maintenance staff and assist them to diagnose more complex problems with machinery or equipment problems.
- Prioritize and assign tasks so that the team’s resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met.
- Train new employees in the organization’s operating procedures and standards.
- Develop a weekly schedule in determining job priorities and complete other tasks as requested by the Maintenance Manager.
- Develop and implement training programs for subordinates.
- Review work planning and scheduling and provides feedback to the maintenance manager to ensure that job plans are efficient and effective.
- Provide hands-on skills to help produce necessary prototypes.
- Direct the maintenance work force and provides onsite expertise.
- Enforce environmental regulations.
- Ensure equipment availability is adequate to meet the profit plan.
- Solve complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors and trade-offs.
- Provide technical support to the Mechanical team to ensure correct parts procurement and proper replacement of parts or equipment and advice store on the management of spare parts stock level.
You will shine in this role, when you have?
- Education: BSc Degree in Mechanical / Marine Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience: From 5 to 8 years of progressive experience in the maintenance and repair of a Diesel Power Plant.
- Medium speed diesel engine experience.
- Team Leadership Experience
Why you and us?
We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility of our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have courage to see opportunities and take initiative.
We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive work community where everyone can be their true self. We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for. Are you eager to be part of this ambition?
How to apply?
If you feel excited by being a part of this working environment and think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your job application through our career’s portal. Our recruiting tool recognizes the time zone where the job ad has been published and closes the application period according to same time zone.
Are you still wondering if you should apply and would like to get something clarified? Any questions related to this position (only for questions from direct job applicants, applications through email will not be recorded or responded to). Please reach out to:
Mr. Ali Mohamed Ali
Talent Acquisition Specialist, Middle East, South Asia & Africa
Last application date: 25/09/2021
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.