Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req20329
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer (Short term- Temporary)
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Nairobi, Somalia CP, Kenya
Supply Chain officer is a key position to the success and delivery of quality programs. IRC defines Supply Chain as those systems and functions necessary to implement programs effectively, inclusive of planning, procurement, logistics, inventory management, property and asset management as well as vehicle and fleet management. The Supply Chain officer is responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring of supply chain activities at the field office level.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Supply Chain Manager, the Supply Chain officer is responsible for managing the Supply Chain functions to ensure efficient procurement and delivery of supply chain functions.
Supply Chain Planning
- The Supply Chain officer is responsible for supporting the Country Supply Chain team in implementing supply chain activities and plans to support program implementation. Supply chain planning includes; procurement plans, warehousing plans, transport plans, staffing plans, distribution plans and training plans.
- Support Senior Supply Chain Manager and program staff in developing procurement plans for active grants in collaboration with program teams.
- Assist Senior Supply Chain Manager in developing and implementing transport & distribution plan for program supplies and assets.
- Attend meetings to set priorities and provide update on implementation on weekly basis
- Ensure procurement done are in procurement plans
The Supply Chain officer is accountable for implementation of procurement activities. The Supply Chain officer ensures all program procurement needs and plans are met on time in accordance with GSC and donors’ standards.
- Carry out procurement in effective and compliance manner
- Receive supplies PRs from field office, immediately process and tracking on time delivery of supplies
- Handle supplies shipments to the field in close cooperation with the cargo agency and program team.
- Prepare bid analysis, justification of award, award minutes
- Carry out reference checks, supplier visits and ATC clearance
- Maintain procurement document filing orderly and auditable
- Compile procurement tracking sheet and share on weekly basis
- File and document Supplier performance and carry out due diligence
- Identifying fraud and corruption red flags and address on timely manner
- keep the BVA cache clear and follow up on aging PRs
The Supply Chain officer responsible master record keeping of Nairobi office IRC program assets and equipment. The Supply Chain officer is responsible for receiving, compiling records and donors’ rules and regulations.
- Provides support on implementation of IRC Asset policies.
- Keep master asset and property inventory and update records on monthly basis
- Complete and file annually asset and property insurance
- Participate quarterly asset verifications
- Compile year end asset and property reports
Compliance and Ethics
The Supply Chain officer is responsible for identifying and reporting compliance risk in supply chain processes, implementing procurement controls, identifying procurement red flags, implementing internal and external audit corrective action plans, and ensuring all supply chain activities are conducted ethically.
- The Supply Chain officer is responsible for compiling Main office supply chain reports and forwarding to the Senior supply chain manager.
- Prepare and share weekly procurement tracking update
- Prepare and submit ad hoc reports as required
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree/High Diploma in Logistics or Business Administration and any other relevant field
- At least 2 years’ experience working as a Logistician and office administration for International NGOs.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel);
- Skills in English and Somali- both speaking & writing
- Able to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions.
- Positive attitude with good sense of humor; Committed team player.
Commitment, punctuality, proactive, a good team player, ability to work under difficult conditions in the field, trustworthy, honesty,
Standard of Professional Conduct
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality & Equal Opportunity
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Diversity and Inclusion
at IRC, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Organizations that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, physical or mental ability, nationality, and perspective are validated to be better organizations. More importantly, creating a safe workspace environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best is the right thing to do. So, bring your whole self to work.
IRC is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, respectful, and safe work environment where all persons are treated fairly, with dignity and respect. In keeping with our core values of Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality, IRC strives to maintain a work environment built on mutual respect in which all individuals treat each other professionally, and free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. IRC expressly prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or bullying of IRC Persons in any work setting. All IRC staff, wherever they are located, are accountable for creating an environment free of discrimination, harassment, bullying, and retaliation.