Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Our client, EABX PLC, is a public limited company incorporated under the Companies Act, 2015 of Kenya. Subject to approval by the Capital Markets Authority of Kenya (CMA Kenya), EABX PLC will operate as an exchange for the trading of fixed income securities. The entity is currently governed by an interim Board of Directors charged with the responsibility of providing strategic guidance through the final formation stage of the exchange, capital raising, and operationalisation of the OTC Exchange. After the capital raise, the new shareholders shall appoint a board in accordance with the Capital Market Act. EABX is currently in the process of capital raising and has secured a no objection letter from CMA Kenya to support this process.
EABX PLC is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and visionary individual to the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO shall have the overall responsibility of leading the organisation to achieve its goals. In the first instance, the CEO will work closely with the interim Board of Directors to drive the implementation of the start-up activities of EABX. These include finalising the formation of the exchange, capital raising, technology and systems acquisition, exchange license application, and operationalisation of the exchange within the next 12 months. Subsequently, the CEO will lead the development and implementation of EABX PLC’s vision, mission, and strategy; and will bear the ultimate responsibility for ensuring the organisation’s long-term success and sustainability. Being a new entity, the CEO will also lead the activities of the organisation related to business development, product development, and extensive engagement with key stakeholders such as regulators, national policymakers, and potential capital providers or shareholders to ensure successful operationalization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement EABX PLC’s strategy and start-up operations including finalising the formation of the exchange, capital raising, technology and systems acquisition, and operationalisation of the exchange;
- Oversee the development and implementation of operating policies, business or strategic plans, as well as lead business and product development initiatives in support of the organisations strategy;
- Build and manage relationships with shareholders, policymakers, and regulatory agencies, and ensure continued compliance with the required laws and regulations;
- Work with EABX PLC Board to develop and implement effective governance for EABX PLC, as well as lead the development of appropriate policies, procedures, structures & systems;
- Develop and maintain a risk management framework and effective policies for EABX; clearly define EABX PLC’s risk appetite including the level and type of risks EABX PLC is willing to take in achieving its strategic objectives;
- Ensure the financial viability and sustainability of EABX PLC through effective resource mobilization and management; ensuring that risks are identified and adequately managed;
- Drive the development and execution of the overall people strategy and systems at EABX PLC; and
- Establish a fit-for-purpose organisational structure, and ensure a culture of high performance through coaching, ongoing staff development, succession planning, career management, and employee engagement.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a Master’s level qualification in Law, Accounting, Economics, Banking, Finance, Financial Economics, Business Administration, Insurance, or other relevant disciplines;
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years experience at senior level management in the banking, finance, and capital markets;
- Possess demonstrable expertise in matters relating to money markets, capital markets, bond market & trading, and related processes;
- Have demonstrable ability to build and manage complex relationships, and to build consensus among a diverse range of stakeholders with disparate and sometimes competing interests;
- Be a results-oriented self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset and have demonstrable experience in formulating and operationalising new strategies;
- Demonstrate a successful track record of high performance and of working in a complex or pioneering environment, managing change and creating opportunities for growth; and•Have practical experience in building and managing a team of high-performing technical and operational staff.
If you believe you possess and can clearly demonstrate your ability in the required relevant criteria for the above role, please submit your application, including authentic certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and testimonials, your curriculum vitae, details of the current position, current remuneration, as well as email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees who can speak of your competence, character, and integrity.
For the full details about this position and how to apply, kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via
Email or hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. All applications MUST be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered, and your application must be received by not later than Friday, 15 October 2021 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division Deloitte Consulting Limited
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touché Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.