Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department : KAM Consulting Unit
Reporting to: TVET Executive Supervises : None
Location: Nairobi (1 Position) And Nyanza -Kisumu/Eldoret (1 position)
Contract Type: Fixed Contract – 13 months Availability: Immediate
- The Cooperative Project seeks to link KAM members to skilled labor using the Dual Vocational training model and the above positions are expected to support implementation of this project with key objectives as below;
- Ensure successful implementation of the Dual Vocational Training project in Nairobi and/or Nyanza
- Ensure increased industry appetite for Dual Vocational Training in the two regions
Duties & responsibilities
- With guidance from the TVET Coordinator and GIZ Technical Advisor, design a methodological approach and tools for project implementation
- Taking minutes for the region activities, reporting to GIZ technical advisor, the Head of KAM
- Consulting and TVET Program Manager on the specific region project progress, attending meetings among others.
- Mapping of industries, identify industry partners based on sectors, create awareness and onboard them to project, while creating an up-to-date database for industries interested /taking part in the project.
- Conduct project awareness and advocacy forums with industry and other stakeholders.
- Conduct and report on industry visits for the project and maintaining a database of students in industry.
- Mobilization of industries to provide technical experts to participate in the development of Occupational Standards and review of curriculum.
- Identification and mobilization of industry mentors for capacity building including TOT training by the AHK.
- Document practical use of approaches from industry mentors.
- Co-ordinate industry exchange and learning visits for industries and technical training institute trainers.
- Coordinate implementation of work readiness and soft skills trainings for the project beneficiaries.
- Coordinate job bazaars for matching for students to industries in the project.
- Host knowledge sharing platforms to encourage discussion around technological advancement, enlighten stakeholders on new industry and skills development trends.
- Coordinate stakeholder forums and ensure minutes are taken and shared in a timely manner.
- Engage stakeholders (government, chapters, other BMOs) to promote technical skills development.
- Provide project monitoring, evaluation, reporting and learning, and prepare timely regular progress reports.
- Work with KAM and GIZ communications teams to design relevant publicity and communications materials.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive.
Requirements and Personal Attributes:
- A degree in either of the following: Social Sciences, Education,
- At least 2 years relevant work experience in a comparable work environment, working with youth and/or private sector
- Effective organizational skills, team player, keen attentive to detail and ability to multitask.
- Good knowledge of the manufacturing industry.
- Excellent relationship management and networking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and reporting skills
- Knowledgeable of the industrial sector in Kenya.
How To Apply
Qualifying candidates should complete the online application and submit their CV and Application letter only to email@example.com indicating the words “SME Development Assistant Officer” or “TVET Cooperative PO -Nairobi” on the email subject line so as to reach us not later than 12th November 2021.Only the shortlisted shall be contacted.