Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Government Liaison Officer , Institute of Human Development – (210001I3)
Government Liaison Officer
Institute of Human Development
Aga Khan University
The Aga Khan University is a pioneering institution of higher education whose mission is to improve the quality of life in the developing world and beyond, through world-class teaching, research and healthcare delivery. AKU educates students for local and global leadership from campuses and teaching hospitals in six countries, primarily in Asia and Africa. It generates new knowledge to solve problems that affect millions of people, especially the most vulnerable. The University is a private, not-for-profit institution and part of the Aga Khan Development Network. www.aku.edu
The Aga Khan University has launched an ECD Workforce Hub housed and led by the AKU Institute for Human Development. This virtual hub is intended to advance the wellbeing of children and families by strengthening the capacity of the ECD workforce to deliver high quality programs and policies. Underpinned by the Nurturing Care Framework and the Sustainable Development Goals, the Hub will build on previous work undertaken by the Institute for Human Development since its inception in 2014 through its Hilton Phase I and II projects (2014-2019), World Bank Early Years Fellowship project (2017-2018), and the UNICEF/LEGO Foundation Scaling Up Playful Parenting project (2019-2021).
The Hub aims to provide
- Evidence-based professional development courses to frontline workers, policy makers and practitioners in delivering effective ECD care and services
- Technical advisory services to meso- and senior-level government officials, policy makers and practitioners working in the ECD sector to make decisions on priority investments to advance holistic child development and
- Knowledge into action services by translating scientific research from the region and global levels into accessible resources for specific target audiences, including but not limited to, policy makers, frontline workers, program practitioners, and parents/caregivers
The Government Liaison Officer will facilitate IHD-government engagement and delivery of activities geared towards a common goal. The incumbent will work closely with the counties to identify opportunities, facilitate engagement and follow up on implementation of activities mutually agreed upon between the project team and the government officials. Specifically, the incumbent will:
- Communicate IHD agenda of providing technical support to the county government and facilitate that to happen
- Ensure communication of schedules by both parties to facilitate leveraging on available collaboration opportunities
- Identify and facilitate opportunities for engagement between the Institute, County officials and other partners.
- Work with the county programme officers to identify opportunities for convening; scheduling of activities and leveraging on the planned activities.
- Facilitate procurement of venues, services including travel, accommodation, training and workshop materials.
- Mobilization of meeting participants, payments, and accounting.
- Work closely with ECD Hub Manager and IHD staff to ensure all administrative processes including procurement, payment and accounting are adhered to and initiated on time.
- Supports the Hub Manager in following up on action points and deliverables between different partners.
- Ensure all processes are well documented, minutes of meetings taken and activity reports written.
- Work closely with the Communications Officer and IHD team to ensure significant moments are documented through occasional interviews, testimonials, videos and photos
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Psychology, Political Science, Social Science or any other allied field.
- Excellent MS Office, report writing, presentation and communication skills with fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Strong analytical skills.
- Should be willing to travel within and outside the country
How To Apply