Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Standard Group PLC is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital & online services. The Standard Group is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key influence in matters of national and international interest. Our various media platforms include: The Standard Newspaper, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, The Nairobian Weekly Newspaper, Standard Digital, Farmers TV, btv, Spice FM and Vybez Radio. As part of strengthening our operations. The Standard Group is looking for smart, creative and ambitious professionals to fill in the positions below.
Web Developers (2 positions)
Reporting to Head of Digital
Overall Purpose of the Job
The incumbent will be responsible for building and supporting web, mobile and video applications for the Company.
- Building new digital systems.
- Maintenance and supporting existing digital web platforms.
- Administering and securing Web Servers and other related networking systems.
- Installing, configuring and managing various database systems.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field
- At least 1 year experience working in a competitive web development environment.
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g., MySQL, MongoDB).
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments.
- Proficient in PHP (Laravel Framework), Jquery/Vue Js, HTML5, Bootstrap and modern Web Services (REST APIs, SOAP etc.)
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce/Marketplace applications.
- Strong knowledge of mobile payment gateways.
How To Apply
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, visit our job website https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/digger/jobs/ to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply not later than Monday 6th December 2021.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
WE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE FOR THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS