Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
We are growing rapidly across Africa, launching new markets, new cities and new countries. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
The Finance and Admin Associate is responsible for setting up our accounting processes in each new country of operation. This includes tax registration (if separate from other registration), advice on tax liability set up on internal systems, new account opening, set up of signatories (online and in-person) and set up operational and payment collection channels.
Reporting into: Head of Expansions
Location: East Africa with travel across the continent 80% of the time
- Setting up the Finance functions of the new market i.e. setting up both operational and collection accounts and making bank payments
- Interpretation and implementation of procedures related to administration, procurement, and financial matters and ensure their compliance
- Prepare new market launch budget in consultation with other members of the Expansion team
- Supporting the procurement processes for warehouse kitout including supplier vetting & onboarding and payments to service providers payments
- Source and procure all insurance policies for the warehouse
- Train country Finance staff on Finance SOPs and best practices on the preparation of reports, management of petty cash, maintenance of records, procurement & reconciliation processes and working capital requests.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration; preference ACCA or CPA
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in admin and finance
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop solid relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- The high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- The high degree of proficiency with accounting and administration software, preferably SAP BYC
- A collaborative team player with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, start-up environment
- Must love working with people and cross-cultural teams
- You are highly goal-oriented, assertive and a hands-on, problem-solver
- Willingness to travel for work within the continent
- Working knowledge of French or Portuguese language is an added advantage
How To Apply