Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The primary role of the Control and automation specialist is to maintain the plant and associated devices to original installed state. In doing so it must ensure that plant availability and product quality is maintained at minimum cost; without sacrificing standards. He or she will also be required to provide continuous improvement initiatives that would enable more cost effective manufacturing in a highly competitive market. The role also entails the need to provide coaching within his or her field of expertise to develop the skills of other technical peers.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Operational support
• Provide specialist support to the shift based teams during operations. This will include standby and day shift support.
•Where requested, assist as a functional expert in problem solving. This must be undertaken in support of the process artisan.
2. Planned maintenance
• Carry out audit to ascertain the health of equipment.
3. Problem solving
• Take part to resolve escalated electrical and automation issues.
• Upon resolution do route cause analysis and knowledge transfer.
• Take part in equipment audit and come up with innovative ways of process improvement , problem solving and equipment optimization.
4. Housekeeping and safety
• Operate in a safe manner at all times, and to identify and highlight unsafe work practices so that these may be corrected.
• Carry out work according to the work instructions and adhering to appropriate CCBA policies and procedures.
• Take part in plant audits and close out on audit findings around electrical installations in the facility.
5. Support new product development implementation and trials
• Support new product development trials to be able to run on assets.
• Ensure adherence to new product development procedures.
6. Development of operational and training and development
• Train, coach, assess and sign-off maintenance and operations team on asset care and autonomous maintenance practices.
Skills, Experience & Education
• Degree in Engineering, Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics
• 5 years’ work experience
• PLC programming software training
• HMI development , programming software training
• PC literacy essential Microsoft packages.
• Knowledge of SAP
• Experience in packaging machines within specialist area and functionality
Key Attributes and Competencies
• Diagnostic ability
• Coaching skills
• Result and execution driven
• Resilient and energetic
• Customer focused
• Contribute to self and team development
• Must be a self-starter and be able to work under the pressures
• Must have an appreciation for quality and technical standards
• Must be able to liaise with Machine Suppliers and Technical Support from COF
• Must be able to carry out mechanical and electrical maintenance work
• Must have excellent analytical problem solving skills