Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Who we are
Girl Effect is an international non-profit that builds media that girls want, trust and need.
From chat-bots to chat-shows and TV dramas to tech, our content is reaching millions of girls in Africa and Asia to make choices and changes in their lives. Igniting their confidence to act differently at a time that can define their future.
We create safe spaces for girls, sharing facts, and answering questions about health, nutrition, education, relationships and so much more. And we use innovative technology so we can reach girls at scale. We arm girls with the skills to negotiate and redefine what they are told is possible, so every girl can choose to be in control of her body, her health, her learning and livelihood.
When a girl unlocks her power to make different choices that change her life, it inspires others to do so too. She starts a ripple effect that impacts her family, her community, her country. That’s the Girl Effect.
Context of the role
The Office of the CEO includes three team members – the CEO, the Director, CEO Office and an Executive Assistant spread over Nairobi and London. The Executive Assistant will provide high quality administrative, secretarial and project management support for the CEO. This role will involve complex diary management, inbox management and correspondence on behalf of the CEO, meeting coordination and preparation, as well as follow-up. The Executive Assistant will coordinate across multiple offices and timezones and make domestic and international travel arrangements once we resume travel. The Executive Assistant will be expected to handle highly confidential and sensitive data and information.
What you will do
- Provide an effective prioritisation of secretarial and administration support to the CEO
- Support the CEO and Director, CEO Office in special projects, presentations, internal and external events
- When travel restarts, management of the CEO’s travel arrangements, both domestic and international, including visas, flights, accommodation and itineraries, ensuring all logistics are thought through and handled for seamless travel and follow up experiences
- Handle all correspondence including managing of inbox – filtering, highlighting actionable items and tracking progress, engaging relevant key team members and responding when possible
- Organise and facilitate remote and in-person meetings, including coordinating on logistics, technology, and taking minutes if required to do so
- Respond to key stakeholder queries in a timely and professional manner
- Work with members of the Finance team to complete expense reports and invoices.
- Develop, maintain and review administration systems to achieve maximum efficiency
- Create complex, innovative and creative presentation-quality documents
- Appropriately handle highly confidential and sensitive data and information
- Be a team player and be willing to help other members of the Executive Team when requested
- Liaise with other local and global administrative staff, PAs and EAs, teammates and management internally and externally
Who you are
- Significant experience providing administrative support at C- level
- Strong written communication skills and ability to represent the CEO with senior level and external stakeholders
- High attention to detail and the ability to plan forward
- Advanced IT skills, including G-Suite and iOS. Salesforce experience is also an advantage
- Experience handling sensitive and highly confidential data and information and an understanding of confidentiality and data protection
- The ability to work under pressure; be flexible and adaptable; a ‘can do’ attitude!
- A self starter who takes initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills with an approachable personality. Able to create strong relationships in a virtual and remote world
- Experience working in a remote working environment is an advantage
- An international world view and experience working across countries and cultures
- Flexibility to support a fast-paced, super dynamic CEO whenever she needs; willing to go above and beyond so that she succeeds
- Able to trouble-shoot, think-ahead, problem-solve, and handle as many issues and challenges before they reach the desk of the CEO
What else you should know
As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven to change the world for girls.
Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Insight). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective. In turn, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause.
Girl Effect is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are committed to building an organization that is increasingly representative of the communities that we serve. To this end, due regard will be paid to recruiting candidates with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all those we work with and for, especially children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment, uphold standards in our safeguarding policy and our code of conduct. In particular:
- To take reasonable steps to prevent any harm caused by Girl Effect
- To report any safeguarding concerns through the reporting pathways
This role is subject to a Standard DBS Disclosure
This role is being recruited on a 4-6 month fixed term contract basis
Closing date for applications: 20th December 2021