Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Aga Khan University (AKU)
The Aga Khan University is a pioneering institution of higher education whose mission is to improve the quality of life in the developing world and beyond, through world-class teaching, research and healthcare delivery. AKU educates students for local and global leadership from campuses and teaching hospitals in six countries, primarily in Asia and Africa. It generates new knowledge to solve problems that affect millions of people, especially the most vulnerable. The University is a private, not-for-profit institution and part of the Aga Khan Development Network. www.aku.edu
The Medical College has 4-year Master of Medicine degrees in Anaesthesia, family medicine, medicine, obstetrics & Gynaecology, paediatric, pathology, radiology and 5 -year Master of Medicine degree in General surgery. It also offers fellowship programmes in cardiology, infectious diseases, neonatology and paediatric neurology.
The incumbent will be required to:
- Clinical Service
- Undertake general gynecology clinical practice on campus and at outreach centers;
- Provide subspecialty clinical expertise to support the care of women with gynaecological cancers;
- Provide leadership in the development of gynaecological oncology services at AKUHN and East Africa in the context of Integrated Health Services
- Support public health initiatives for cervical cancer screening and early case finding with a range of partner agencies.
- Lead on curriculum content, delivery and assessment in relation to gynaecological cancers, in close liaison with the Program Director for PGME;
- Participate in seminar and clinical teaching;
- Provide case based learning and CME presentations from time to time;
- Provide surgical skills mentoring and supervision to residents; and
- Act as a contact person for Family Medicine and ANS/UGNE liaison on gynaecological cancer education.
- Contribute to AKU FHS-EA’s interdisciplinary research portfolio relating to cancer in collaboration with related disciplines such as anatomical pathology, radiation oncology, medical oncology and imaging;
- Supervise resident dissertations; and
- Contribute to the preparation of external grant submissions.
- The ideal candidate must have M.Med (Obstetrics and Gynaecology) or equivalent;
- Recognized training and experience in Obstetrics and Gynaecology;
- Registered or eligible for registration as specialist by Kenya Medical and Dentists, practitioners’ Board; and
- Experience in teaching at University level and in research as evidenced by publications will be desirable for this position.
How To Apply