Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Ref No: FIDA/IS/11/2021
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Human Resource & Admin Manager will work closely with the Senior Management Team to ensure the organization attracts and retains a skilled and motivated workforce and maintains effective and efficient institutional strengthening systems. In addition, s/he will oversee and manage human resource and office administration, support programs implementation, provide oversight to the procurement and ICT functions, and assist in preparing documents for the board and sub-committee meetings.
- Lead in developing the human resource and administrative policies and procedures, and ensure all HR practices are aligned with labour laws and reflect best HR practices;
- Advise senior management and communicate to staff on human resources policies and provide direction and coherence to all HR activities within the organization;
- Manage the recruitment and selection process, including ensuring job descriptions are accurate, job posting, planning interviewing, checking references, and obtaining relevant approvals;
- Coordinates onboarding and orientation of new employees and assist managers in reviewing job descriptions for current and new positions;
- Ensures personnel records and employment contracts are complete and up to date;
- Leads the professional development of staff by identifying training needs, selecting appropriate training courses, tracking the use of training budget, and monitoring training effectiveness;
- Supports in the implementation of the performance management system and monitors compliance, and provide guidance and support on the development of individual work plans and performance assessment;
- Assist managers with disciplinary matters related to staff performance or behavior and effectively manage the separation process;
- Responsible for communicating payroll changes to the Finance team and ensuring all employee benefits are accurately managed, including medical insurance, pension, accident insurance, end-of-year bonus, etc.
- Provides oversight to the procurement functions, ensuring that all processes are compliant with rules and regulations and the principle of Value for Money;
- Ensure safe and conducive office environment by managing outsourced cleaning and security service providers, occupational health and safety, maintenance of office facilities, availability of office equipment & supplies, and timely payment of bills;
- Provide oversight to outsourced ICT service providers, lead the implementation of ERP system, and ensure seamless access and optimal information management and cybersecurity protocols.
- Assist in preparing documents for the board meetings, including providing organizational and administrative support as required.
Person Specification: Qualifications and Attributes
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications and attributes: –
- MUST have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration/Commerce (HR option), or Social Sciences. Having a Master’s degree in Human Resource Management is highly desired.
- MUST be a Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) or have a Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management.
- A minimum of FIVE (5) YEARS of progressively responsible experience in human resources management in the NGO sector.
- MUST be a full member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM) in good standing and valid practicing certificate for 2021.
- Excellent computer literacy (MS Office package) and experience using ERP/HRIS system.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to have a valid Certificate of Good Conduct.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above criteria should send an application letter, scanned copy of IHRM membership/practicing certificate, and detailed CV to The Executive Director, FIDA-Kenya, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 3rd January 2022. The application MUST include contacts of three referees, one of whom must be a former supervisor, expected salary, daytime contact, job title, and job reference number.
Applicants SHOULD NOT attach academic, professional certificates, or other documents apart from those stated above.
Only email applications will be considered, and only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
FIDA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis (age, gender, sex, race, ethnic origin, social origin, disability, religion, and marital status) and does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.