Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Field Process and Tool Expert
Location: Any MSF office, with regular travels within Europe*
Contract: fixed-term of 12 months, full-time 100%
Reporting to: Field Strategic Procurement Project Manager
Starting date: 1st of February 2022
Deadline for applications: 5th of January 2022
* By default, the successful candidate will be offered a contract in the MSF office of their country of residence at the time of application.
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization providing assistance to people affected by armed conflicts, epidemics, natural or non-natural disasters or persons excluded from access to health care. The organisation has health projects in more than 70 countries.
I. POSITION BACKGROUND
In recent years, there has been a significant development in MSF’s medical and operational activities that has been sustained by an upsurge in MSF’s operational budget and complexity. Every year, approximately half of MSF’s budget is spent in procurement (services and goods).
The MSF Strategic Procurement Program (MSPP) has been launched to intensify collaboration between the different MSF entities and streamline the existing MSF procurement set up, in order to achieve optimal operational efficiency by avoiding duplication, waste and operational complexity.
The ultimate goal of the program is to develop and implement a global, common approach to strategic procurement across all entities (OCs, ESCs and Partner Sections) at international, regional and national level.
In this context, MSF wants to develop and implement harmonization of procurement process, procedures, systems and tools at field level.
II. PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The Field Process and Tool Expert will:
- Report hierarchically to the Field Strategic Procurement Project Manager;
- Work closely with the Procurement, Supply and Log field referents from the 6 Operational Centers and the other MSPP team members;
- Interact with other stakeholder groups within the MSF movement (Operations, Logistics, Medical, Finance, Legal and HR).
III. OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The overall objective of the Field Process and Tool Expert is to coordinate the development and implementation of harmonized processes, procedures, systems and tools at field level among the different OCs for direct and indirect spend.
The Field Procurement has the mandate to support the 6 Operational Centers regarding the development of common processes, systems, guidelines and tools for the Source to purchase part of the process.
The Field Process and Tool Expert position is not a substitute for the OC’s team (Field advisors/experts. He/she is not accountable for the local purchasing).
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Frame the lessons learned and capitalize on the processes and tools developed in the frame of the Intersectional procurement pilots (South Soudan mission, Nigeria mission);
- Map and evaluate the different tools, process, guidelines, systems, from all the OCs in order to identify the best practices and gaps;
- Based on these pre-identify materials and with a collaborative approach with the field procurement referent of the OCs, propose harmonized processes, guidelines, tools (market assessment, sourcing, cba, supplier performance monitoring, ..) and systems to be validated by the Field Procurement Platform;
- Benchmarking of Procurement systems and tools available in the market, and used by other NGOs, that could be of added value to MSF in the field;
- In close collaboration with MSPP’s Harmonization of Practices project and Field Procurement platform define, implement and coordinate the relevant working groups in order to prioritize and develop the relevant processes, guidelines, tools;
- Ensure the adequate awareness on these new harmonized process, systems and tools among the Procurement community in the field;
- Make sure that these new harmonized process, systems and tools are properly included in the trainings of the OCs;
- Be the focal point and provide support to field procurement community on the harmonized procurement processes, guidelines and tools;
- Guaranteeing that the process, tools, procurement systems, best practices are implemented by the Intersectional Procurement and Regional Procurement positions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and/or supply chain with ideally a specialization in purchasing or project management or a combination of relevant education and professional experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in procurement direct or indirect spend category including data analysis, sourcing, complex negotiation and contracting or a position in a different domain entailing the same components;
- Experience in designing processes, procedures and implementing procurement software is regarded as an added value;
- Computer literacy: proven ability to work with Office and ERP, in particular a good command of excel is a must;
- Field missions in procurement / supply chain functions with MSF or another NGOs is mandatory;
- Experience in project management is an added value;
- Proven track record of change management.
Knowledge and Skills
- Analytical mindset, organizational skills and autonomy are a must;
- Excellent communication skills, assertiveness and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural and cross-functional environment;
- Drive for change, improvement and innovation;
- Commitment to MSF values is compulsory.
- Fluently spoken and written English;
- French is a strong asset;
- Spanish an asset.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)