Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Action Against Hunger is a global leader in the fight against hunger. For 40 years, across nearly 50 countries, we have led the global fight. We save the lives of children and their families. We are there for them before and after disaster strikes. We enable people to provide for themselves, see their children grow up strong, and for whole communities to prosper. We constantly search for more effective solutions, while sharing our knowledge and expertise with the world. We push for long-term change. We will never give up. Until the world is free from hunger.
We are currently seeking for a transformational leader to be our Country Director in Kenya. Specifically, we are seeking an energetic change maker, and a visionary with robust programmatic experience. This Country Director position will be for 24 months and is aiming to be focused on developing and executing a country growth strategy that will ensure relevance and impact of Action Against Hunger in Kenya.
Candidates need to show relevant experience of have managed organizational change processes, increased significantly diverse funding portfolios, and have proven records of external engagement with a variety of stakeholders including local and national government entities as well as local and international organizations.
As Kenya is an emerging economy that is still dealing with significant internal inequities reflected on the development indicators across the country, the future Action Against Hunger Kenya Country Leader will need to be creative and innovative in exploring, beyond the regular donor funding mechanisms, other sources of funding that can ensure sustainability of our interventions in the local context.
- At least 10 years of senior management experience.
- Minimum 10 years of work in development contexts, preferable with experience in emerging economies in Africa.
- Overall knowledge of Action Against Hunger key areas of intervention.
- Previous experience of managing successfully organizational change processes
- Results driven and demonstrable ability to set and communicate goals and ensure effective and appropriate decision making and problem solving
- Ability to organize, mentor, engage and motivate a multicultural team
- Experience in fundraising from a diverse donor portfolio in similar contexts like Kenya (emerging economies), preferably in Africa.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge on developing and executing Business plans.
- High level financial management skills to steer the operational budget and modeling scenarios.
- Proven analytical skills and ability to think strategically.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to motivate and influence internally and externally.
- Very good level of IT literacy and an understanding of how new developments in technology can positively contribute to the aims of an INGO.
- Fluent in English (professional English needed)
- Understanding of managing security and risk within an INGO context.
How To Apply