Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CHIEF LEGAL OFFICER – GRADE 15.
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the Chief Legal officer will be in charge of the University Legal department;
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Management of activities carried out by the University legal function
- Provide legal counsel to University Management Board and Council.
- Coordinate preparation of all University Legal documents.
- Interpret and implement University Statutes, Terms and Conditions of Service, Collective Agreements and other documents that have legal binding on the University
- Offer legal advice to University on management and disposal of property.
- Ensure University legal and regulatory frameworks are legally compliant through constant review.
Key Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s degree in law, Business Administration or other related areas .
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) Degree or its equivalent from a recognized university
- Post graduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
- CPS (K) will be an added advantage.
- Membership to relevant professional body – LSK.
- Valid Practising Certificate
- At least seven (7) years working experience in a large corporation and currently holding a similar or equivalent position.
Additional Key competencies;
- Flexibility and responsiveness in determining and handling legal matters.
- Demonstrated integrity and confidentiality in handling duties
- Sound analytical skills
- Ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way.
- Strong leadership skills including effective interpersonal, influencing and negotiations skills:
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
TERMS OF SERVICE:
For teaching positions above Tutorial Fellow, employment will be on permanent and pensionable terms.
The terms of employment for the other positions include a two (2) year performance based renewable contract, a generous medical scheme, house allowance and commuting allowance.
The applicants should provide full details of educational and professional qualification, work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address.
Copies of certificates and testimonials should also be enclosed giving the names and addresses of three (3) referees who are conversant with the applicant’s competence in area of specialization.
Applicants and Referees should write directly to:
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration)
PO. BOX 43844 – 00100
Applications and letters from the referees should be received not later than,
31st December 2021
For details related to job specifications, general requirements and terms of service, kindly visit our website: www.ku.ac.ke
Kenyatta University is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.