Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Fondazione L’Albero della Vita – The Tree of Life Kenya is an organization registered in Kenya as a Trust with the aim of ensuring the wellbeing, protection and promotion of the rights of children and their families and encouraging community development.
The Tree of Life envisions a world without poverty where children can enjoy their rights; grow up in a safe environment, protected from all kinds of violence and abuse, with access to equal opportunities. The organization has been working in Kenya since 2011, focusing on Children’s rights and protection.
In Samburu County, the Tree of Life has been implementing activities to strengthen the education and protection of girls, including the prevention of harmful practices such FGM and early marriages as well as the support of a network of Primary schools in remote areas.
The Tree of Life intervention in Samburu has also been focusing on Emergency and Development programs, through the perspective of building resilience and climate-change adaptation, working on Food and Nutrition Security, NFIs distribution and WASH to strengthen the resilience of pastoral communities.
The Tree of Life is coordinating a project in Samburu County aimed at contributing to the protection of children living in the Suguta – Maralal area, through the improvement of the services provided by the Consolata Suguta Primary School. The project is located in a strategic area of the County, a few kilometers from Maralal, which is the headquarters of Samburu County.
The objective of the project is to improve the Educational, nutritional and Protection services offered by the Consolata Suguta Primary School to benefit vulnerable children in Samburu.
Job Title:** Supervisor of infrastructural works & project’s activities (assistant coordinator)
Supervisor: local coordinator and The Tree of Life Coordinator
Duty station:** Suguta Marmar, Samburu County; main duty station will be specifically at Consolata Suguta Primary School, with some activities carried out in Maralal.
Starting date:** 23rd January 2022
Duration of the assignment:** 12 months, with 3 months’ probation
Deadline for application: 14th January 2022
Role and Responsibilities:
· Preparation of operational agreements with the selected construction company.
· Preparation of the works schedule, in collaboration with the construction company.
· Daily monitoring of the progress of infrastructural works, in compliance with the time schedule and work plan.
· Check and ensure compliance with safety standards set by the Kenyan legislation.
· Check and ensure compliance with local regulations and specifically the anti-covid regulations of the staff of the construction company, to protect the school staff and pupils.
· Prepare and share with the line managers monthly updates and status/progress of the works.
· Immediate reporting of any critical issues and challenges in carrying out the works.
· Supervision of the testing and the quality check of the infrastructural works, to make sure that they meet adequate standards.
· Provision of solution of difficulties and challenges related to the implementation of the infrastructural works.
· Support the supervision and overall coordination, planning, management and implementation of all project’s activities and components, acting as assistant and deputy supervisor based on the needs, in accordance with agreed objectives and indicators, in order to meet the project objectives within the budget and the allocated period.
· Support the implementing partner in achieving the project objectives and indicators.
· Participation to relevant coordination meetings, tables/working groups in Samburu and visibility activities, when required; support the networking with key stakeholders of the sector in the area, supporting the creation of linkages and partnerships with government and private entities and services.
· Compile and aggregate narrative and quantitative reports, timely and high quality reports in line with donor’s guidelines and requirements.
· Collect visibility and information materials about the project.
· Support the development of M&E tools aimed at monitoring, evaluating the project and assessing its impact.
· Support the collection of achievements and lessons of the project activities and support the dissemination to partners and stakeholders.
· Support the collection of receipts, administrative documents with the support of the project’s Finance team, ensuring that all expenses are properly documented and done according to the available budget.
· Work as a team player providing relevant information and assistance to colleagues and ensuring that all project components are interlinked.
· Support feasibility studies, data collection and project proposals development.
· Any other duty as required by the line manager commensurate with the post and relevant to the achievement of Project objectives.
Knowledge and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in project management or related built environment field (i.e. construction management, Architecture, Building Economics or Civil Engineering).
· Knowledge and technical expertise in infrastructural works; architectural skills.
· Knowledge and experience of project management.
Strong ability to work with partners using effective interpersonal and communication skills and to respectfully interact with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Strong analytical skills, report writing, administration, monitoring and evaluation.
Solid organizational/time and project management skills as well as proactive, resourceful and results-oriented.
· Computer skills (Microsoft office word, excel, etc.)
· Data handling skill
· Excellent spoken and written English.
· Knowledge of the Samburu language will be an added advantage.
Other Skills Required
· Honesty and strong ethics are required in order to be successful in this position.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Demonstrated capacity and willingness to learn – open to learning new ways of doing things.
· Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, participatory approach and sustainable development.
· Planning and management skills.
· A minimum of 3 years in the project management, architectural works, and coordination preferably in the NGOs sector.
· Past experience supervising public buildings and works is a plus.
· Ability and willingness to manage project implementation.
· Good numerical, report writing and administration skills.
· Experience in the monitoring of implementation and evaluation of donor-funded programmes.
Employees must sign a child Safeguarding Policy and a confidentiality agreement, and may not share organizational materials without the express written permission from a supervisor; and
Respect – the Tree of Life aims to always show respect and appreciation for team members, Partners and all.
Working hours will be agreed upon. However, flexibility will be required to suit the project’s needs.
Budget and salary
Available budget for this position is between 70,000 and 110,000 Kshs. all-inclusive, depending on the work experience.
How to apply
The application should include the following:
· Cover letter (stating current salary and expected salary, and how your profile fits the position and the skills required).
· CV having 3 references with contacts.
The soft copy application should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CC: finance.kenya@alberodellavita with the subject heading indicating: Supervisor of infrastructural works & of project’s activities (assistant coordinator) – Samburu
Deadline for application is 14th of January 2022.
Do not attach in this phase ID documents, school or university certificates, or any other document that has not been requested.
Applications received after the deadline or incomplete will not be considered. Only short-listed candidate (s) will be contacted.
Due to the urgency of the position applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Tree of Life is an equal opportunity employer, and respect all gender, nationality or religious affiliations.