Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – MPESA FOUNDATION ACADEMY – UONGOZI CENTRE
About the UONGOZI CENTRE
The Uongozi Centre is a unique programme at the M-PESA Foundation Academy that aims to enhance the leadership potential, develop skills in independent thinking as well as assist our learners to incubate business ideas and community projects. The Centre also seeks to support the transition of secondary school scholars into university and other tertiary institutions.The diversity represented by the Uongozi Centre scholars, faculty and staff contributes to the Centre’s strong sense of open dialogue and engagement with ideas and issues. As such, we are a community that prioritises the intellectual, physical, social and emotional well-being of all our members.The Uongozi Centre is seeking to recruit dynamic and visionary individual with exceptional skills, who is already experienced in careers and internship placement to take responsibility as Careers and Internship Counsellor
Job Title: CAREERS AND INTERNSHIP COUNSELLOR
Job Ref : UC/Careers/2022
Line Manage : Head of University Admissions
Duration : 1 year contract (Renewable based on performance and need)
Overall Role Purpose
Offer exceptional career and internship guidance aligned to IB Curricular.
• Guide students through subject choices within MYP.
• Help students to select either IBCP or IBDP after MYP completion. Guide students through and help them make subject choices within IBCP and IBDP.
• Initial point of referral for academic and study issues.
• Delivery of study skills program alongside Faculty staff.
• Delivery of careers education program across all student year groups and curricula.
• Assisting students to prepare for, select, and get into tertiary education programs in line with their career aspirations. Making students aware of the benefits of specific courses and universities available globally that meet their aspirations and abilities.
• With the Head of University Admissions, guide students through the application process for Universities in N. America, Europe, Australia, South Africa and elsewhere globally. This will include reading through student’s transcripts prior to submission.
• With the Head of University Admissions, advise students on scholarship opportunities.
• Preparing students for ACTs and SATs for possible applications to US universities, i.e. with students at Y10 level onwards.
• Helping students choose courses and extracurricular activities that will help them get into their chosen career paths after graduation.
• Staying current with university and college admission processes and requirements, tertiary level programs and developments in education and financial aid.
• Assisting to organise University Fairs and careers events at the Academy and represent the same at other college fairs and other promotional opportunities.
• Conducting interviews, reviewing application materials, and assisting in the decision-making process of students.
With the Head of University Admissions, advising parents on the transition process from the Academy.
• Maintaining accurate and current knowledge of educational legislation, trends, developments, and resources.
• Keeping clear records of students seen by the counsellors while maintaining confidentiality
• Preparing and sharing periodic reports with the line manager and where necessary with other relevant stakeholders e.g. the Director of Studies, Head of School
• Consult with employers regarding optimal marketing strategies to connect students with internships and jobs
• Coordinate and participate in career fairs
• Act as a liaison between the student, educational institution and the internship or placement providers
• Provide students with student employment information, paperwork and authorization
• Provide students with guidance and information regarding career research, options and decision making, goal setting, and job searching
• Build partnerships with organizations that can provide internships for students
• Bachelor’s degree in education or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a career counsellor
• Experience as IB career counsellor will be added advantage
• Able to work effectively in both small ambiguous environments
• Excellent communication skills
• Good presentation skills
• Ability to work with young adults
• Excellent networking skills
• Awareness of current career trends
Please read the job description before you apply for the position. Only those who meet the criterial set in the job description will be shortlisted for interviews.
Send your application letter and CV as one document to email@example.com not later than 17th January, 2022 stating clearly on the email subject line The job title and reference of the position you are applying for. E.g UC/Careers/2022
Please note, only soft copy/ email applications to the address provided will be accepted.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted