Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Title: Area Manager
Location: Country Office
Reporting Relationship: Partnership Portfolio Manager
Responsible for leadership and direction for the development of Area Plans and proposals, networks and partnerships based on the organization’s program approach; provides leadership for the effective planning, implementation, monitoring, sharing lessons learned, tracking and reporting on all program and sponsorship activities in assigned area.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy
- Establishes an atmosphere of responsibility for the mission of the organization and accountability to the stakeholders; establishes clear expectations by which staff and partners are measured; responsible for all personnel management duties for area staff.
- Selects or identifies areas of intervention and develops the long-term programs on participatory mode relevant to the area.
- Collaborate with local partners on the implementation of programs and sponsorship activities in the assigned area; ensures that monitoring & evaluation, continuous improvement and technical assistance is an integral part of the implementation; ensures the Area Strategic Plan is developed according to organizational policies and procedures, the Strategic Plan of the Country Office and is based on the best-practices of community planning.
- Oversee implementation of grant funded projects in the program area; manage and supervise grants staff who are responsible for implementation of grant funded projects; review grants reports and closely work with the grants manager to address donor queries.
- Ensure all grants funded projects requests are reviewed and approved by the grants unit prior to implementation and are within the approved budget and activities.
- Builds positive and productive relations with local partners, communities, enrolled families, and authorities at all levels. Raises awareness of organization as a leader of child development and a leader of children’s issues; ensures clear communication channels between stakeholders and staff.
- Represents the organization in forums to promote program approaches while ensuring convergence of resources.
- Responsible for providing technical support to Local partners in order to expand program impact at regional level, create new & ongoing funding streams to finance additional services to enrolled families and children.
- Builds and manages relationships with government, foundations, corporations, local authorities and the general public to optimize marketing and funding.
- Responsible for providing technical assistance and oversight in the development and management of budgets, financial reporting and audits Local partner
- Supervise and coordinate Country office sponsorship functions; provide support & training to local partners on sponsorship requirements in conjunction with the sponsor relations staff and ensure the LP consistently meets sponsorship standards.
- Provides capacity building opportunities to local partners; ensures that partner are accountable and compliant with organizational policies/procedures and local laws/regulations.
- Identifies and manages technical resource agencies for implementation of programs; manages partners on allocation of resources to execute program activities in accordance with the Letter of Agreement( AOP).
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7 years’ experience in the management of development programs, preferably in a technical area, community development and/or child-focused programming
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in such areas as: project, budget and resource management.
- Demonstration of knowledge of program design; grant acquisition and management; providing oversight and accountability grant funded programs; resource stewardship, and cross functional coordination
- Computer proficiency in general office software (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
- Experience in resource mobilization, coordination and negotiation and social policy.
Bachelor’s or higher-level degree required in relevant discipline such as Development Studies, Economic, Business management, Agriculture, education etc
A post graduate certificate or diploma in project planning, community development or related studies will be an added advantage.
Applications Close Date: Jan 25, 2022
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.