Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
HFC Limited, the banking and property finance subsidiary of HF Group has an exciting opportunity in our Special Assets Department. We are seeking for a talented, dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual who is committed to performance, excellence and participating in our growth strategy.
Business Development Manager – Special Assets
Reporting To: Head of Special Assets
Overall Job Purpose
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for sale of the assigned project (s) and any other Special Asset project identifying and understanding the unique needs of various proprietors and future clients. The role holder will also build and nurture relationships within the broader community and with the various teams to create a flow of information across the company’s operations and coordinating processes that help HFC achieve its goals.This will be a 2year contract engagement.
- Oversee the negotiations surrounding the sale and purchase of the project(s) assigned and any other Special Asset project;
- Create, develop and exploit commercial opportunities to increase the company’s income through existing and potential new clients with whom you will target, initiate and develop business relationship;
- Ensure that the management is constantly appraised of the business activity, market opportunities, status, trends and business developments;
- Develop strategies to realize commercial opportunities and minimize risks to the business;
- Produce and deliver a sales action plan which supports the company’s strategic objectives, achieving sales targets and using initiative to take corrective measures as needed;
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the company’s portfolio and working knowledge of competitor products/services;
- Managing rights and obligations under the company’s key commercial agreements and other regulatory bodies;
- Obtain customer feedback on service quality and share with management to continuously improve the business operations;
- Provides ad-hoc and on-going decision support to the management by engaging in data analysis, risk/return analysis, research and market assessment activities for varying business scenarios;
- Identify new market opportunities, taking the lead on constructing a robust and successful business proposal that secure new deals and contracts
- Obtain support from the Head of Special Assets to finalise recommendations and negotiations strategy;
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality throughout: on current business activities, short- & long-term plans, proposals under scrutiny and any other activity related to the project and overall business;
- Monitor industry legislative developments, develop and implement strategic changes in order to maintain compliance and maximize business performance;
- Develop and maintain an excellent rapport with key stakeholders such as clients, community organisations, regulatory bodies etc.;
- Provide commercial and business development support/advice to other areas of the business within the Group according to the need;
- Representing the organization at trade exhibitions, events, demonstrations and other related activities;
- Preparation of credit applications for assessment by the credit committee;
- Follow up on progress on security perfection or pending facility documentation with both our legal department and special assets clients;
- Performance Management for Sales Team
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- A Bachelor degree in a business-related field
- Project Finance & Planning certification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in real estate services with atleast 2years of relating to project/property financing & management.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Self-Starter with plenty of initiative to innovate, change or develop old ideas into new opportunities and enjoys a fast-paced exciting environment with a commitment to achieving results.
- Organized, meticulous, and confident;
- Strategic thinker with the ability to understand market and business intelligence to make informed choices about business development;
- Leadership qualities as demonstrated through previous line/team management experience.
- Handling multiple projects, assignments and duties
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Good computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and e-mail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated business development and financial skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of overall team structure
- Excellent communicator that motivates and empowers others to stretch themselves and reach high goals.
21st January 2022