Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Senior Manager – M-PESA Universal Payments – (22000012)
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for Senior Manager – M-PESA Universal Payments within Financial Services Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Safaricom aims to offer an expanded set to payment capabilities to merchants and consumers by enabling secure and convenient payment solutions working with various industry players. The Role holder is responsible for the managing universal payments propositions as well as execution of the strategy. Universal Payments includes and is not limited to global payments propositions, remittances, interoperable payments with universal payments service providers and relevant payment services beyond the M-PESA ecosystem.
The incumbent will interact with all stakeholders with respect to universal payments i.e. the regulator, various strategic partners, consumer and merchant facing teams to ensure sustained growth while managing the contractual obligations and commercials. The incumbent will also ensure additional and adequate ongoing strategic and tactical focus on the proper execution of the overall universal payment’s strategy. The role holder aims to set and manage the M-PESA Product, including roll out, on-going performance and enhancement of the product.
The role reports to Tribe lead – Next Financial Service.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage the overall Universal Payments strategy from strategic planning through to tactical execution
- Support the execution of M-PESA Africa Payments strategy at both Opco and group levels
- Develop new Business Models around Universal Payments that will ensure that Safaricom keeps its strategic focus of financial inclusion by exploiting new business opportunities beyond traditional and existing payment services
- Embrace new-to-world technology and disruptive business models to ensure Safaricom remains Africa market leader in payments. Leverage technology to widen the current scope of payments on M-PESA towards driving Financial Inclusion
- Own the product roadmap of the organization platform thinking holistically across the entire value chain to further the organization’s position in the market
- Guide the business in the growth of Universal Payments within the Payments Ecosystem
- Develop a strategic partnership framework that defines the contractual engagement for onboarding new partners and managing existing partners in the payment’s ecosystem
- Work closely with existing and new partners to identifying opportunities that will ensure growth on revenue. Target, prospect, develop and strengthen partnerships with other organizations that enable to scale the financial services payments business
- Ensure partners are fulfilling their contractual obligations and that the company is providing the required support for them to do so.
- Coordinate the management of ongoing relationships with existing partners and where relevant, leverage those relationships to greater collective impact
- Be an advocate for providing the best partner experience possible
- Maintain consistent communication and builds positive brand partner rapport
- Responsible for initiating, negotiating terms, and maintaining the comprehensive partnerships and contractual agreement process
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to structure and execute business initiatives, lead analysis and develop and communicate final recommendations for growing partner relationships
- Conceptualize new strategic initiatives that could be built around or benefit from the other partnerships.
- Suggest and develop processes and services to improve operational efficiency between the partners
- Engage with key influencers and decision makers across different teams to accomplish the partnership goals in the payment’s ecosystem
- Be an expert in customer trends, stay informed of data-driven marketing news, emerging technologies and competitor offerings.
- Monitor market insights (market intelligence) and competitor activity within the payments sector to support overall business strategy and support decision making.
- Collaborate with the relevant teams to develop marketing strategy and plans to grow the Universal Payments business
- In liaison with the regulatory team drive deeper relationships with the regulator to ensure approval of new products and services
- Working closely with the corporate security teams ensure proper due diligence and compliance monitoring on existing and new partners and payment processes
- Ensure compliance with the National Payments Systems (NPS) Act and Money Remitters adherence to FATF recommendations and POCAMLA Act.
- Facilitate a strong and open relationship with the regulator to ensure continual improvement with a better understanding of the regulatory expectations and regulatory agenda.
- Coordinate responses to regulatory requests including consultation papers providing key stakeholders with advice and guidance on regulatory expectations.
- Ensure statutory reports are duly submitted to the Central Bank of Kenya in an accurate and timely manner
- Lead critical planning meetings, status updates, business reviews and other communication related to the payments industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from a recognized university
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least 5-8 years’ experience in a large corporate or multinational company, demonstrated progression and at least 3 years’ experience in a Telecommunications company handling partnerships, business development and strategy formulation.
- Must have a good understanding of the payment/Financial Services market.
- International experience and multicultural sensitivity
- Analytical bent of mind, structured thinker with strong business acumen
- Must demonstrates an awareness of current events and trends.
- Self-starter with exceptional people, presentation and communication skills
- Experience in management of budgets and forecasts in a large company
- Track record of innovation and development of new products and services
- Must demonstrate strategy execution/delivery Solid influencing and negotiation skills
- Uses data and research to make decisions that are competitively and financially robust
- Balances current and future needs
- Thinks and acts like an owner of the business
- Acts in line with legal, regulatory, professional and ethical standards
How To Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.