Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the job
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 3 years’ experience in general tax practice.
- LLB degree with a solid academic transcript.
- Experience in transactional tax matters, tax advisory matters and tax litigation matters.
- Preparing tax advisory opinions for clients in diverse industries advising on corporate/personal income tax, value added tax, customs and excise etc.;
- Representation of clients at the Tax Appeals Tribunal, High Court or the Court of Appeal with respect to tax matters;
- Reviewing commercial documents/agreements such as business and asset agreements, share purchase agreement etc. and advising on the attendant tax implications;
- Reviewing transaction structures and providing tax advice;
- Attending to tax due diligences and health checks;
- Supporting other departments within the firm with routine tax advice on their matters;
- Attending to client meetings and tax trainings; and
- Attending to business development activities of the department and the firm.
- Legal technical and commercial ability: including Legal technical knowledge, impeccable research and presentation skills, legal drafting, business acumen/ commercial sense, project management
- Business Development: including:
o the ability to build, develop, nurture and leverage internal and external networks;
o cross-functional collaboration;
o client engagement; and
o the ability to apply and utilise structured business development methodologies.
- Takes initiative
- Results driven
- Solutions focused
- Team player
- Client Focus
- High Work Standards
- Planning and organizing
- Proficient in Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint an advantage
How To Apply
Closing date for applications is 25 January 2022. If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks from the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
“Bowmans is an equal opportunity employer”