Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CHS Graduate Apprenticeship Program: CHS/HR/TP/GAP/01/2022 (Duration: 6 months)
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is a local, not-for-profit that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to implement evidence-informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns. We seek to optimise the delivery and use of health interventions to communities through evidence-informed solutions, innovations and research to address existing and emerging public health needs.
As part of the organisation’s contribution to youth employability and capacity-enhancement in an increasingly dynamic and competitive work environment, CHS has developed a Graduate Apprenticeship Program (CHS-GAP) that seeks to provide a platform for graduates across target disciplines to gain on-job experience and explore their nascent knowledge and un-curated skills within a conducive work and learning environment for real work experience and professional development. Our inaugural cohort is in the technology track targeting graduates from Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology and other related fields.
Besides the ‘apprentices’ technical area of expertise, CHS adopts a 360 degrees approach to building the skills of all apprentices including sessions on career wellness, personal branding, and financial literacy.
If you are passionate about creating high-quality applications and are looking to grow your skills within a team of experienced and motivated experts then this is a great opportunity for you.
Scope of work/Objectives of this Role
- Design, develop and maintain high quality and general reliable Web and mobile applications(Android supported)
- Maintain and update the design specifications and source code for new applications.
- Collaborate with Program team, ICT and DMU units to improve existing applications performance features.
- Test the applications, identify the bugs and take measures to resolve them.
- Evaluate the existing applications and implement new technologies to maximize applications efficiency.
- Identify the variations of fragments and layouts of Android XML and create adaptive interfaces that work with various device form factors.
- Collaborate with ERP analyst and technical team to work on different applications and ensure security aspect is implemented.
- Determine the UI/UX requirements, and APIs to develop high-performing Android apps.
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to ensure applications align with the organization’s goals.
- To continuously find ways to advance our applications.
- Engage in applications documentation and user training.
- Build responsive and adaptable software
- Work with the ICT unit to find solutions to security threats, viruses, or errors that might hinder the performance of applications.
- Work closely with ICT and DMU units to carry out regular security and performance checks
- Remain current on technology trends to keep our applications as innovative as possible
- Ensure necessary updates are completed on time.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology or related field.
- Two or less years of relevant work experience
- Development experience in Android App Development or Mobile App Developer.
- Familiar with different versions of Android and Android SDK.
- Ability to understand the requirements of business and translate them technically.
- Familiar with outside data sources and APIs.
- Strong knowledge of Google’s Android design principles and guidelines.
- Working knowledge of emerging mobile technologies.
- Experience with MySQL and SQL Server databases Good background in software development, and design
- Experience with Java, C++, C#, .Net.
- Good team player but also can work independently.
- Good time management skills.
- Certification in application development such as Android Certified Application Developer (ATC) is an added advantage.
- Analytical skills and judgment
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Learning agility
- Time management
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly quoting the position you are applying, and reference number as indicated in the subject line. Applications close on April 18, 2022. CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.