Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req26960
Job Title: Radiographer/Sonographer
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kakuma, Kenya
The Radiographer/Sonographer will be responsible for the overall coordination radiology and sonography services at the IRC General hospital. He /she will closely work with the medical and clinical officers to service radiology and sonography requests from the departments. He/She will provide leadership support to initiate, support the installation of a new x-ray machine and work with assistants to develop a fully functional radiology department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate patients’ medical condition and history to determine most suitable radiographic technique for diagnosis.
- Interact with patients to offer them psychological support and address their concerns after an imaging procedure
- Adjust diagnostic equipment to deliver accurate amount of radiation to patients
- Perform diagnostic imaging examinations like x rays, ultrasound and refer appropriately for CT scans.
- Produce x-ray films or radiographs of parts of the human body for use in diagnosing medical problems.
- Ensure radiation safety measures and protection devices are used and observed to ensure compliance and safety for both patients and staff.
- Ensure scheduled maintenance and minor emergency repairs on radiographic equipment are conducted.
- Ensure accurate documentation and care of patient records.
- Attend the monthly Health program meeting and share updates
- Plan and manage staff leave and R&R plans ensuring adequate coverage
- Review the JDs for the incentive staffs working in the department. Hold monthly meetings with the clinic staffs and share the minutes with the Clinical Services Manager.
Reporting and Coordination:
- Ensure all patient records are properly documented in the patient request forms and registers with all aspects of results
- Ensure the weekly HIS reports are compiled and submit on time.
- Take lead in quality improvement at the department and be part of (Quality Improvement Committee (QIC)
- Ensure accurate inventory records are maintained at the department.
Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Key Result Areas
- Ensure smooth running of the department, providing supervision, support and guidance to all staff.
- Ensure quality of care is maintained during the radiological exams.
- Ensure that universal radiologic precautions and infection prevention guidelines are adhered to in the department
- Diploma in medical imaging from Kenya Medical Training College or any other recognized institution
- 2 plus years’ experience in a busy center in ultrasound and X-ray department
- Must be registered by the radiation protection Board
- Must have a current and valid practicing license
Required Experience & Competencies:
- Should be highly experienced in radiographing, covering a wide range of clinical examinations and applications
- Must showcase a degree of physical dexterity, co-ordination and sensory skills required for positioning of or handling patients
- Ability to depict high level of confidentiality, professionalism and sensitivity
- Experience with working in a hardship area or a refugee health set up is an added advantage.
- Proven leadership integrity, communication, interpersonal, decision making skills.
- Computer literacy in the use of MS Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is desired
- Ability to work and deliver results with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.