Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is one of the hospitals in East Africa accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
- Receive, verify prescriptions and dispense drugs in a timely manner within approved standards and procedures.
- Contact the physician immediately for inaccuracy and illegibility in a prescription order, document errors and communicate them to the nursing and pharmacy staff
- Verify expiry dates of drugs prior to dispensing medication to patients/customers.
- Check that every label placed on the medications contains the correct patient name, drug, quantity and directions.
- Compound extemporaneous preparations and mix certain intravenous medications as per laid down procedures.
- Counsel patients on drug administration and use of devices for optimum wellness and recovery.
- Receive, return and update drug credits on the system in a timely manner.
- Deliver drug discharges to patients in the ward where applicable
- Communicate out of stock and non-stock effectively and timely to prescriber and nurse and provide alternative choice or make arrangements to order promptly.
- Comply and observe the environmental health and safety measures and regulations by proper handling, storage and dispensation of medications
- Record, monitor and update the expiry list of medications in timely manner.
- Conduct nursing floor inspections once a month for all ward stock, solutions and patient medication left behind
- Complete documentation of Interventions, Medication errors and Near Miss, Adverse events, Medication queries, Patient complaints or any other incidents and forward to relevant office
- Perform random medication checks daily and Monitor variance levels in your respective satellites.
- Compile daily satellite reports.
- Carry out regular satellite stock-take exercise.
- Report any special indicators allocated.
- Maintain and update personal drug knowledge data base to ensure accurate provision of pharmaceutical care of general disease states as well as specialized knowledge in the assigned area of expertise
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized institution
- Registered with The Kenya Pharmaceutical Association
- Practicing License from the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- 1 year working experience in a busy faciliy, preferably a hospital
- Heart Saver Certification.
- Computer literate
- Able to communicate with medical professionals
- Able to work with a team of people from various backgrounds and training
- Excellent customer service skills and empathetic to patients of all ages
- Good interpersonal skills
- Culturally sensitive
- Able to keep up with pharmaceutical developments and Continuous Medical Education programmes.
How To Apply