Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Aga Khan University
The Aga Khan University is a pioneering institution of higher education whose mission is to improve the quality of life in the developing world and beyond, through world-class teaching, research and healthcare delivery. AKU educates students for local and global leadership from campuses and teaching hospitals in six countries, primarily in Asia and Africa. It generates new knowledge to solve problems that affect millions of people, especially the most vulnerable. The University is a private, not-for-profit institution and part of the Aga Khan Development Network. www.aku.edu
The Department of Population Health entails a highly skilled multi-disciplinary team with expertise in medical, public health, social, demography, statistical and policy sciences. Our vision is to contribute to the health of populations, particularly those most in need, by using a population health science approach.
The Population Health Department at Aga Khan University is looking to hire an Administrative Assistant who will be the first point of contact for the Chair of the Department of Population Health and department for internal and external enquires.
The main role of this position will be to provide effective and high-quality administrative, organizational and content support to the Chair of the Department of Population Health and to ensure a smooth, efficient and effectively run department by demonstrating initiative in planning, organizing, management and operations, in liaison with the other AKU entities.
- Provide support for the day-to-day activities of the Chair of the department and the running of the department and serve as the main point of contact as well as manage the Chairs daily schedule
- Support the smooth running of all academic programs and operations in the department, including students’ selection process and administering Continuous Assessment Tests in liaison with Faculty.
- Liaise with the Human Resources Department to ensure the recruitment, hiring, leave scheduling, training and performance reviews and staff files are up to date.
- Manage communication both written and verbal appropriately, by keenly taking meetings notes and prioritizing enquiries and correspondence.
- Manage and schedule appointments, meetings and workshops by maintaining an electronic calendar, organising seminars workshops and training sessions
- Ensure proper data management & general office administration by managing the departments shared drive and routinely restocking office supplies.
- Must have at least 3 years of relevant post-qualification experience in a busy office environment, preferably in a University, an International Health NGO, health research organization or large health research program
- Must possess a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts with preferred a Diploma in Business Management/Project Management/Office Administration or in closely related fields
- Should have experience in coordinating or supporting a busy office
- Should have strong interpersonal skills
- Should have strong: oral and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills
- Should demonstrate the ability to take initiative and set goals while working under minimal supervision.
How To Apply