Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya Red Cross Society is a leading humanitarian organization sustainably promoting the well-being, health and resilience of communities in Kenya. The Society is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the following positions:
Position Title: Project Officer (3)
Locations: Nairobi, Tana River & Kilifi
Reporting To: County Coordinator to Respective Counties
The role of this position is to provide coordination, technical and day to day operational leadership for field level implementation of NCD care in Crisis project targeting Refugee populations in Nairobi and Kalobeyei as well as migrant populations in Nairobi’s urban informal settlements and drought/floods affected communities in Tana River and Kilifi counties. The Post holder will oversee the implementation of the project initiatives in close collaboration with respective county governments and other key project partners and stakeholders.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
• Technical Leadership /Assistance to project implementation
• Ensuring project implementation comply to existing policies and guideline.
• Ensure quality and timely reporting
• Stakeholder engagement.
• Participation in technical working groups
• Planning and coordination ensuring the execution of set plans aligned to project budget.
- To lead the overall implementation of the project, including coordination, reporting, budget management, monitoring & evaluation as well as stakeholder management.
- Establish and foster Partnerships with the county departments of Health and NCD stakeholders to advance primary and secondary prevention of NCDs during crisis.
- Ensure that project implementation teams at the field level have necessary tools for implementation of planned community activities including relevant adapted project materials.
- Continuously assess the capacities of the project implementation teams and facilitate regular opportunities to develop/update their knowledge and skills.
- Maintain necessary communication to facilitate effective coordination for project delivery including coordination with various support departments for implementation (finance, logistics, IT, etc)
- Maintain budget and track project filed level expenditures/transactions.
- Represent the project at the county level Health fora sharing Red Cross role as an auxiliary to the Government, project progress and best practices in NCD programming in crisis context.
- Follow up on the general emergency/public health situation in the county, country and region to inform relevant KRCS interventions in the respective county as well as to adjust project plans accordingly.
- Document learnings and experiences that can be shared on the KRCS social media platforms, weekly newsletters, quarterly publications and bulletins and case studies
- Prepare and submit quality reports on a timely manner
- Support the County teams to establish Project Steering Committees at the project sites and ensure linkages with HQ Project Technical Implementation Committee.
• Knowledge of public health, prevention & control of NCDs, humanitarian relief issues, trends and goals aimed at preventing and alleviating human suffering during emergency situation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills in both English and Kiswahili, including ability to develop reports and prepare relevant publications.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to build collaborative relationships with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic and political issues.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in project planning and budgeting as well as programme monitoring and evaluation
- Ability to monitor project against milestones, double-checks the accuracy of information to discover weakness and strive for high quality performance.
- Ability to maintain high standards of personal integrity; establishing productive relationships; treating individuals with fairness and respect
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, data-base, email and utilization of the internet
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical medicine/Nursing/Public Health/Nutrition or equivalent qualifications
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of NCD and public health in emergency programming.
- At least three (3) years field experience, preferably with an NGO and or MoH.
- Strong background in training and commitment to capacity building.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Project management skills including Project Monitoring and Evaluation and Reporting
- Coordination and networking
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong computer skills, ability to work both as an individual and as a team leader and under stress in what can be a harsh environment.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/careers to reach us not later than 6th May 2022; Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification:
Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.
Kenya Red Cross Society is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment