Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Trócaire works in partnership with national and local organisations, supporting communities in over 20 developing countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East to bring about lasting change. Trócaire envisages a just and peaceful world where people’s dignity is ensured and rights are respected, basic needs are met and resources are shared equitably, people have control over their own lives and those in power act for the common good.
The Finance department is responsible for ensuring sound management of the financial resources entrusted to the Global Support Office (GSO) and to ensure that there are effective procedures in place to facilitate internal controls and accountability of funds to all stakeholders including the local partners. The Finance function is crucial and vital for the successful implementation of programme activities and the attainment of Trócaire’s mandate.
The Finance and Administration Intern will have a role in ensuring that support activities at the GSO and field offices are conducted with efficiency, within budget parameters and in accordance with Trocaire Somalia Programme policies and procedures. S/he will work in close collaboration with the GSO Finance and administration staff, and Programme support staff in Somalia to achieve the highest efficiency possible.
Safeguarding Programme Participants-Children & Adults
Trócaire is committed to Safeguarding people within our programmes from Exploitation and Abuse and has specific policies on this commitment (including a Global Code of Conduct) which outlines the expected behaviour and responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. Any candidate offered a job with Trócaire will be expected to sign Trócaire’s Safeguarding Policies and Global Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
Reporting to Programme Accountant this is a fixed term contract for one year and is based in Nairobi with travel to field locations in Somalia.
Accounting & Finance
- Assist in reviewing monthly field documents/requisitions, ensuring they are properly supported, approved, and filed.
- Ensures that payment requests are in line with the finance procedures and that the procedures are used to guide the financial operations in the office.
- Follow up for confirmation of funds transferred to the field stations ensuring such confirmations are filed together with the payment vouchers.
- Monthly MPESA reconciliations.
- Assist the Finance team in the preparation of monthly financial reports as assigned.
- Assist in checking that all Gedo staff payrolls received from the field have been fully signed by all staff before filing.
- Ensure proper filing of financial documents, data and other correspondence for future audits and reviews, ensuring security and confidentiality of the documents in line with organization policy and donor requirements
- Ensure that all payment vouchers are stamped “PAID” before filing to avoid any audit queries.
- Ensure flight booking for staff traveling is available to avoid inconvenience and ensure that an authorized travel request form is provided and with budget codes.
- Assist in ensuring Accommodation is available for staff while in Mandera and Nairobi.
- Ensure all taxes withheld are paid to the relevant governments (Mogadishu and Jubbaland) before the deadlines to avoid penalties i.e. PAYE Somalia staff.
- Carry out administrative duties as assigned in the GSO, Gedo and Mogadishu Offices.
- Ensuring proper filing of all the contracts and agreements, monitoring status on a quarterly basis; keep the log of all payments done/due for all contractual obligations.
Any other task that, in the opinion of the line manager is consistent with the role
Behavioural Competencies in Line with Trócaire’s Competency Framework
- Leading: Reflecting our values of Participation & Accountability, acts to inspire and lead others to achieve their potential, demonstrating Trócaire’s values with integrity in order to achieve our organisation’s objectives.
- Communicating: Reflecting our value of Participation, being one organisation, communicating clearly and transparently across, teams, units, divisions, locations, and other external organisations. Getting our message across with impact.
- Collaborating: Reflecting our values of Participation & Solidarity, partnering effectively as One Trócaire organisation and, in solidarity, maintains positive relationships built on trust and respect.
- Stewardship of Resources: Reflecting our value of Accountability and decision-making around the best use of resources. Using our resources transparently, sustainably, ethically, fairly & with integrity; acknowledging Trócaire’s reputation in the use of resources.
- Delivering Results: Reflecting our values of Accountability & Perseverance, getting a quality job done through effective performance, planning and decision making.
- Continual Improvement & Learning: Reflecting our values of Participation & Courage, constantly looking to learn and develop self, employees, and partners to better fulfil Trócaire’s’ mission.
- Flexibility & Change: Reflecting our values of Participation & Courage, adapts positively to change and to different ways of doing things; manages or takes part in change processes in a way that is appropriate to role in the organisation.
- Reputable University degree in finance related field and/ or CPA certification
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar role
- Computer literate with experience in Excel accounting packages
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good professional verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in Somali language would be a significant advantage.
- Familiarity with Gedo District in Somalia would be an advantage.
- Organised and efficient worker
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and ability to prepare concise, informative financial reports
- Strong organizational skills, with an emphasis on time management and the ability to plan, organize and implement various activities within a time-pressured environment
- Flexible and adaptable to work under unstable environments and under pressure with limited support
• Problem-solving skills and analytical skills preferred
• Fluency in Somali language would be an advantage.
For the Candidate with the required experience and passion for the role, Trocaire Offers a competitive package of salary and benefits
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
The closing date for receipt of applications is 7th MAY 2022.
For full details of this position, please see job description attached.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter (quoting the job title above) to: https://trocaire.workable.com/
You must be logged in to post a comment.