Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Research Associate II to support a household based human and livestock research study in Isiolo. Specific activities include obtaining consent from eligible study households, administering questionnaires, sampling and processing livestock tissue samples, treatment of study animals and supporting serological and syndromic surveillance in select sites in Isiolo County.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Identify and obtain study consent from recruited households
- Conduct face-to-face interviews with the livestock owners and fill out an electronic tool completely and accurately
- Collect sera and tissues samples from livestock as per the study manual
- Ensure proper documentation, packaging, and shipping of samples to the specified lab locations
- Conduct bi-weekly calls to study households
- Coordinate quarterly sampling visits to study households
- Manage field supplies.
- Treatment of study animals
- Submit regular progress reports to the study coordinator and Principal Investigator
- Attend all study meetings on time and report on progress of work
- Complete any other duties assigned or delegated by Principal Investigator
- Safely operate motorcycle/bicycle in the field and maintain the motorcycle/bicycle records
- Diligently organize routine preventive maintenance of motorcycle and service
- Other duties related to the study as may be assigned by the Principal Investigator
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine degree with a minimum of two year experience coordinating linked human-livestock field surveys in pastoral setting in northern Kenya or Diploma in relevant field with four years of relevant experience
- Research experience in community level disease surveillance research projects
- Be registered with the Kenya Veterinary Board
- Experience in collecting livestock tissues including blood and swabs
- Ability to admnister electronic questionnaire tools
- Ability to package, store and ship collected samples with strict observance of cold chain
- Be willing to work in Isiolo County during the contract period.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure without compromising set deliverables
Post location: The position will be based in Isiolo, Kenya.
Terms of Appointment This position is at job level HG 10. The position on 1-year fixed term. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 10 May 2022. The position title and reference number REF: AHH/416 /2022 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.