Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Supervisor – Customs & Border Control
This role is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of the Customs revenue or enforcement programmes in the assigned region / station/ division.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
- Implement the administrative and enforcement strategies for optimal collection of the correct taxes.
- Application of the appropriate Customs legislations, laws and Regulations in execution of the mandate assigned at respective Region / Station/ Division
- Facilitating Customs processing and revenue collection function and related activities in accordance with the stipulated standards and procedures.
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the duty station/section assigned
- Resolve any tax disputes and any technical disputes arising from our day to day operations at the Region / Station/ Division.
- Maintain liaison and working relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders to enhance effectiveness in the assigned duty station.
- Monitor the station’s revenue performance on a day-to-day basis.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a recognized institution.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Postgraduate Diploma or Certificate in Customs Administration.
Previous relevant work experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in relevant field.
- People management skills
- Risk management and analysis
- Results driven and analytical thinking
- Strong decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Data protection
- Emerging Tax trends
- Process management
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customs Business Understanding
- Customs Legislation and Regulation
- Tariff and Classification
- VAT related to import and export
- Excise related to import and export
- Origin of Goods
- Prohibitions and Restrictions
- Customs Compliance Assurance
- Customs IT Systems & Applications
- Entry of Goods Process
- Transit and storage Process
- Export & Exit Process
- Special Procedures Process
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 18th May 2022.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)