Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The exploratory tester in an agile team will be responsible for more than just testing the software. S/he will act as a quality champion and empower teams to create highly performant and secure systems. S/he will act entrepreneurially to try unhappy paths and edge cases in performance/security testing to create a highly resilient system.
S/he will leverage a combination of automated/ manual testing to efficiently cover the system’s functionality without compromising quality. S/he should be comfortable working in a constantly changing work environment and are fully dedicated to “automate everything” principle.
QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
- Company:Apollo Group
- Location: Head Office Nairobi
- Employment Type:Permanent
- Job Id:FZj0oPj3m
- Date added:10-May-2022
KEY PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure every feature developed by the team is tested
- Blends automated/ manual testing to efficiently cover the system’s functionality without compromising quality
- Feeds the team with detailed information on any defects found, and help the Scrum Master and Product Owner to prioritize defects
- Strives to automate and maintain comprehensive test suites with a continuous improvement mindset
- Works with the IT and operations to run tests in production environments after deployment to ensure quality
- Knows the product vision and works closely with the designers and the Product Owner to translate their vision into tests
- Partners with development teams to identify key areas of risk in new solutions
- Stays updated with industry best practices and standards on testing
- Actively participate in scrum ceremonies as needed to provide clarifications and problem solve with the team
- Knowledge of QA testing frameworks like Appium, TestNG, Selenium, Cucumber is a must
- Knows how to set up the base testing framework for both mobile and web platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology or equivalent area.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to develop integration, performance, and load-bearing tests with tools like Apache JMeter
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts and align the organization on decisions
- Sound problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
- Utilizes team collaboration to create innovative solutions efficiently
- Relevant professional qualification
- Extensive QA experience (4+ years) in a digital product environment.
- Significant experience as an exploratory/ hands-on tester with multiple platforms and testing techniques
- Experience with manual acceptance testing at story level, exploratory and creative testing, and within fast-paced sprint cycles
- Experience as a tester on a cross-functional agile team preferred
- Skilled at finding hidden requirements, edge cases, and a “desire to break” attitude
Send mail email@example.com