Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Work Location: Dagahaley
Start date: June 2022
Duration: 12 months fixed term contract (with 3 months’ probation period) renewable based on performance
Application Deadline: 21st May 2022
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian action-driven organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. 26 associations, 23 sections, and 16 branch offices make-up the international movement and work in partnership around 6 operational entities.
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Project Medical Referent
Ensure the implementation of all nutritional related activities of the programme and coordinate and manage the team under his/her responsibility according to the MSF protocols in order to improve the nutritional conditions of the target population.
- Schedules and organizes all nutrition related activities, its organization design and sizing as well as its associated budget in order to efficiently maintain the continuity of the nutritional healthcare at the standard quality levels.
- Supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) of the nutrition staff of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, improve people capabilities and skills.
- Supervise the implementation of the nutritional program according to MSF protocols, standards. This includes:
- Draw up outpatients activity planning,
- Follow up the evolution of patients and discuss the problem cases taking part in the medical assistant’s round, and install referral system
- Check that medical and nutrition prescriptions are carried out.
- Check the diffusion, knowledge and application of medical, nutritional and anthropometric protocols.
- Supervise nursing care and hygiene circumstances.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.
- Ensure that mothers are well informed about the functioning of the centre, the state and evolution of their child: their tasks (help with cleaning, feeding their child, etc)
- Supervises, in cooperation with the pharmacist and project medical referent, the management of the pharmacy, ensuring reception and storage of orders, preparing new orders when required, supervising expiration terms and consumption patterns, in order to ensure, a rationale use as well as pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated and above minimum safety point.
- Ensure correct nutritional data collection (registers, nutritional forms, morbidity forms), compile weekly and monthly statistics for the outpatients unit, report this information to the line manager and provide feedback on the results to the team. In these sense, this function includes all kind of nutritional information that nutritional supervisor has in his /her hands.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Is the focal person for all nutrition activities for Dagahaley.
- Responsible to ensure that all nutritional screening activities, ATFC; ITFC and SFP programs are in accordance with MSF standards.
- Responsible for the therapeutic food stock management including monitoring of consumption and orders.
- Report any security related occurrences on therapeutic food or any other incidences occurring at nutrition program to the supervisor.
- Participate in nutrition activities e.g. nutrition survey and malezi bora campaigns.
- Ensures that there is active monitoring of the nutritional situation in Dagahaley camp.
- Make analysis of nutrition registration book; coordinate the absent and defaulter training with the outreach team.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual medical report.
- Analysis of data of nutrition activities
- Ensure quality of care for all nutrition related activities.
- Ensures participation with nutrition related stakeholders.
- Prepares timely reports and submission of the reporting deadlines is respected.
- Ensures that the staff in the nutrition department follow the MSF guidelines.
- Provides training to the staff in the department and ensures that the quality standards are maintained
- Responsible for the management of the team in the nutrition department.
- Nurse qualification. Desirable with a Nutritionist Diploma
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Nutrition nurse.
- Essential, mission language (English) and local language (Kiswahili/Somali)
- Stress management
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application on or before the 21st May 2022
We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive,only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)