Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
RefuSHE protects, nurtures, educates, and empowers young refugee women and girls in East Africa through a unique holistic model that provides shelter, education, case management, counseling, childcare, legal advocacy, and vocational training. RefuSHE’s holistic program meets the imminent needs of unaccompanied, separated and orphaned refugee girls, young women, and their children.
Founded in 2008, RefuSHE is a U.S. nonprofit with headquarters in Chicago and operations in Nairobi, Kenya. It is the first and only organization dedicated to refugee girls in East Africa. Over the past 14 years, RefuSHE has grown to become a leading institution and global thought-leader in the field of refugee protection. Today, RefuSHE is poised for strategic growth and scale. We are looking for someone who has a passion for social change, aspires to use their talent for good, and thrives in fast-paced growth environments.
Position Title: Production & Quality Control Officer (National)
Department: Artisan Collective
Supervisor: Business Development Manager-AC
RefuSHE is hiring a Nairobi-based Production & Quality Control Officer to support production and fulfillment for RefuSHE’s Artisan Collective (AC), and implement new, efficient quality control mechanisms. This position will plan, coordinate and oversee quality control and production of RefuSHE’s Artisan Collective products, support in product development and design, and backstop sales and orders fulfillment.
The Artisan Collective enables young women to achieve economic and social independence while providing a safe space and community for refugees by refugees. Most have deep emotional and physical scars that require long-term case management support. Participants continue their healing within RefuSHE’s supportive environment.
For young refugee women, our Artisan Collective is a significant step in the journey toward self-confidence, independence, and a new life after war and conflict. Members learn to express themselves creatively while acquiring marketable skills that empower them to become economically self-sufficient. Young women gain production and manufacturing knowledge that serves as a foundation to their future success as entrepreneurs.
Our collaborative arts-based and business curriculum offers opportunities for creative problem solving through experimentation of design and shared learning. Participants design, create, and manage a line of unique, hand-dyed fabrics, and other textiles. By saving their earnings, members of the Collective can pay their rent, feed their families, cover household expenses, and eventually launch their own successful businesses.
RefuSHE is looking for an organized, passionate, and social sector-focused (particularly issues related to women and girls and refugees) individual who wants to combine their interest in textile production and handicraft work, fashion and sales merchandising, and quality control management to our newly created Production & Quality Control Officer role.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Production Planning & Quality Control
- Collaborate with the Kenya-based management team and US-based Senior Director of Brand Strategy & External Relations to set monthly production targets for order fulfillment
- Identify quality and efficiency gaps and propose process improvement in partnership with management team and Senior Director of Brand Strategy & External Relations
- Work with Production Coordinator to develop consistent quality control measures and protocols for both the sampling and production processes
- Ensure timely production to meet agreed deadlines with customers in Kenya and abroad
- Help establish a production evaluation system to minimize waste and optimize productivity
- Inspect final products to guarantee that they meet the standard before shipping to the US and other clients
- Support the implementation of a viable production plan to ensure availability of sufficient products for clients and minimize production cost at all times
- Adhere to quality standards, ethical/fair trade production practices, and established policies and/or procedures
- Support Production Coordinator in the training and mentoring of Artisan Collective participants on new products and designs
- Support the Inventory & Stores Management Officer with the maintenance, management, and stock take of the Artisan Collective inventory
- Work with Inventory & Stores Management Officer to determine the quality and quantity of fabric and dye needed for the production process
- Ensure daily efficiency tracking & quality control of all items and scarves produced
- Ensure adherence to health and safety guidelines
Product Development & Design
- Actively participate in determining and analyzing fashion trends and predict expected future results, and use the same information to advice on the appropriate production line and processes
- Work with Production Coordinator to support the development of products, both new and existing
- Communicate any client design and product development feedback to make adjustments when possible and/or necessary
- Support product and design development to meet market demands
Sales & Fulfillment
- Support the Business Development Manager with sales events, record keeping, store management, and fulfillment of client orders as needed
- With Artisan Collective team, develop a new and efficient e-commerce and fulfillment system for Kenya-based orders. This may include, but will not be limited to learning: Shopify, RefuSHE’s ERP System and Microsoft Office Suite
- Develop understanding of RefuSHE’s mission and the Artisan Collective, and be able to confidently speak to and create new ideas for the brand.
- Effectively maintain brand guidelines and implement changes as needed
- Actively participate in preparing daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports of the Artisan Collective.
- Actively participate in weekly Artisan Collective team meetings
- Support program events as needed.
- Any other lawful duties that may be assigned from time to time by your supervisor or Senior Management Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in total quality management, production, business administration or related field.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- At least 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Policy driven mindset and ability.
- Comprehensive knowledge of quality production, processes, and procedures.
- A drive and passion for quality production, continual improvement, and operational excellency.
- Good interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Good analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
How to apply
Send your applications to email@example.com indicating the position title in the email subject as “Production & Quality Control Officer” by close of business 25th May 2022. It should include a cover letter and CV. Copies of credentials and other relevant certificates will not be required at this early stage of application but in the next steps. Applications should be addressed to:
HR & Administration Manager
P.O. Box 63192-00619, Nairobi
We appreciate all applications received however, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any questions regarding this position will be answered if one is shortlisted for the interview.