Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Nurse Informaticist, EHR Meditech Expanse – (220000SU)
Electronic Health Record (E-HR) Medical Expanse
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is the first hospital in East Africa to be accredited by the Joint Commission International from the USA. The University Hospital has been providing high-quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 60 years.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will report to the Director, Facilities Management Division, Aga Khan University Hospital.
The Electronic Health Record (E-HR) is primarily a clinical product, and via the Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO), the Nurse Informaticist will ensure its clinical efficacy for all clinical care providers. The goal of the position is to ensure that the design and build of the E-HR information systems and technologies is as clinically applicable to the Nursing responsibilities and workflows.
The successful candidate will work directly with Physicians, Residents, Students, Nurses, and ancillary departments to coordinate, compile, and deploy content and workflows for the EHR. He/she may be instructed to lead a clinical workgroup that would be responsible for all clinically relevant EHR build and settings. He/she will enter and keep updated the Order Sets using Elsevier’s Content Management Software (CMS). Under the direction of the CMIO and/or Lead EHR Physician (as assigned), he/she will work with IT build teams to map out future state workflows in the EHR. The Nurse Informaticist may be assigned to specific clinical areas, based on their level of training and experience. He/she will be trained as an EHR “SuperUser” to participate in system testing, and provide direct end-user training, Go-Live support, and post-live optimization efforts.
- Supports Nurses, Physicians, and ancillary staff by providing continuous support, troubleshooting, and identifying opportunities for clinical information system improvements.
- Promotes future and present system functionality by identifying and testing the clinical information systems
- Identifies clinical practice workflow and process issues, concerns and works with leadership to define system and process requirements that will optimize system performance and technology utilization by clinical practitioners
- Serve as a skilled clinical resource in support of non-clinical team members and train end-users on how to use the E-HR
- Provide elbow level Go-Live support to clinicians
- Assist in methodology and content development related to various clinical and related non-clinical domains
- Participate in internal and client-driven focus groups to gather requirements and enhancement requests for E-HR
- Travel as warranted by E-HR programme work and location; frequency of travel will vary depending on programme requirements.
- Assist medical and clinical researchers in the design of retrospective studies, including data generation, analysis, interpretation of data derivatives and publication of scientific articles
- Assist with educational initiatives via the use of the EHR
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) or Post RN BScN
- Valid Nursing License
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Nurse in the Acute, Ambulatory, or Emergency (A&E) setting.
- Experience as a clinical nurse instructor, clinical nurse specialist, or nurse coordinator.
- Experienced with direct patient care responsibilities
- Clinically trained for inpatient and outpatient venues of care
- Knowledge of hospital practice procedures, regulations, and guidelines
- Prior experience with the use of an electronic health record (EHR), is preferred but not required.
- Self-motivated and with consistent willingness to personally address work that needs to be done.
- Solid understanding of clinical care pathways and flow of patient care.
- Comfortable working in a team-based environment, accepting personal responsibility of tasks assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Vocal when needed, but always professional.
- Understanding use of data and analytics to improve clinical or operational outcomes (e.g. length of stay, adverse drug effects) or financial outcomes.
- Willingness to become an expert in clinical workflows as assigned
- Very good analytical and organisational skills,
- High integrity.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Good grooming and self-presentation
How To Apply