Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are looking for a Credit Controller to facilitate and manage customer accounts in line with the provisions of the country’s credit policy. Credit Controller responsibilities include eliminating if not, minimizing risk associated with bad and doubtful debts by assessing creditworthiness and processing relevant paperwork, preparing credit applications, evaluating clients’ financial information, and calculating risk ratios. To be successful in this role, you should have a good understanding of lending/ credit management procedures and customer service experience.
Key Responsibilities for the role will include:
- Ensure the aging on the client’s accounts are as per the company credit policy and where not to apply the collection treatment plans as provided for in the country credit policy.
- Ensure customers pay on time and chase any overdue invoices
- Monitoring debtor balance to ensure a reduction in debtors
- In liaison with the cashier monitor the receipting of the daily collection in the clients’ accounts.
- Notify the Credit control Manager of any warnings of financial distress on any one of the AGILITY customers in order to advise the management in line with the Company policy
- Provide a weekly status report on each of the accounts under the portfolio during the weekly debtors’ review meeting
- Ensure payments received from the customers are accompanied by a remittance advice
- Allocate all clients’ receipts as per the remittance advice and where no remittance is provided by the client get a commitment to allocate the receipts from the oldest invoice in the account
- Liaise and inform the Credit Control Manager of any direct transfers to the company’s bank accounts for confirmation and subsequent receipting in the clients’ accounts
- Send regular statements to clients and ensure that the balances outstanding from the clients are accurate at all times
- Act as lead in addressing the customer’s disputes in liaison with the operations/ billing/ sales/ CS teams and escalating any unresolved disputes as per the guidelines in the country credit policy.
- Reconcile to the general ledger all receivable account balances at end of each month and any variance explained and documented accordingly
- Liaise with the operational staff to ensure that client invoices are accurate, are delivered on a timely basis with all the necessary documentation and any client query addressed as per set KPI’s and as per the country credit policy
- Liaise with the other credit control team members and ensure there is order and support in the collection department.
To be considered for the role, you must have:
- Proven work experience as a Credit Officer, Loan Officer, or similar role, at least 3 years of work experience in a similar role
- Hands-on experience with lending procedures and products
- Ability to create and process financial spreadsheets
- Strong analytical skills
- Customer service experience
- BSc in Banking and Finance, Economics, or related field
- Relevant qualification (ACA, ACCA, CCP or CPA) section 3 and above
- Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion
- Excellent IT skills – Outlook, Word, PowerPoint & Excel
- Must have a good understanding of financial concepts and pay keen attention to detail
- Results and performance-driven mindset
- Ability to develop and sustain good working relationships with clients.
- Negotiation skills, clear verbal and writing communication.
- competitive pay and benefits
- dynamic work environment
- learning and development opportunities
If you fit the requirements and you are interested to join our company, APPLY TODAY!