Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
|Job Grade:||KENAS 4|
|Terms:||Permanent and pensionable|
|Reporting to:||Manager, Calibration Laboratories|
Principal Accreditation Officer – Calibration Laboratories (2022/EA/07)
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the selected candidate will entail:
- Coordinate in carrying out accreditation activities in the assigned scheme – general testing, medical, Calibration and Proficiency testing, certification and inspection.
- Advising management on policies and strategies relating to Accreditation;
- Participate in developing policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations for maintenance of an internationally recognized management system for accreditation;
- Participating in the formulation and monitoring of national regional and international guidelines and standards to facilitate the accreditation process;
- Supporting KENAS in activities in mutual recognition agreements relating to accreditation at ILAC, IAF and AFRAC;
- Coordinating in liaison with regulators with respect to any matter related to accreditation;
- Assessing conformity assessment bodies for competence;
- Advising for designation of accredited conformity assessment bodies by regulatory authorities;
- Participating in the establishment and maintenance of a register of the accreditation status of conformity assessment bodies;
- Promoting the use of regional and international accreditation marks;
- Promoting the use of accreditation marks on certificates issued by conformity assessment bodies;
- Planning use of resources to meet the organization’s objectives;
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders and accreditation bodies around the world;
- Representing KENAS views at National, Regional and international forums;
- Commenting and balloting on national, regional and international documents, standards and regulations;
- Preparing, execution and reporting of work plans and resources for proper management of accreditation activities;
- Developing a work plan for the Working Groups and evaluate their performance for the existing schemes;
- Developing and reviewing criteria documents for conformity for the existing Schemes
- Maintaining and reporting on the performance of accredited conformity assessment bodies;
- Developing schedules and ensuring accreditation certificates are developed and transmitted promptly;
- Administration and analysing of client’s feedback on accreditation;
- Monitoring and provision of feedback to Assessors;
- Identifying performance targets for the department;
- Coordinating staff appraisal in the departments; and
- Developing operational budgets for the division.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- At least six (6) years’ working experience in Conformity Assessment, three (3) of which must have been at a supervisory position;
- Bachelor’s degree in Science related fields;
- Professional Qualification and membership in good standing where applicable;
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated results in work performance;
- Trained in conformity assessment standards;
- Trained Assessor in relevant conformity assessment standards;
- Proficiency in Computer application; and
- Fulfil the requirement of Chapter Six (6) of the constitution
Skills and Competencies
- Communicating with impact;
- Managing and supervising people;
- Applying technical expertise and managing projects;
- Planning, organizing, and managing performance;
- Budgeting, analyzing, and innovating;
- Customer and stakeholder orientation;
- Coaching, mentoring, relating, and networking; and
- Technological savviness.
How to Apply
Apply for a position through a cover letter or email, attaching a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport. In addition, all applicants MUST download and complete Bio-Data Form (in Microsoft Excel) and attach the completed Bio-Data Form. Any HANDWRITTEN or SCANNED Bio-Data form not submitted as an Excel file will be rejected.
Note 1: Interested candidates should provide all the details requested, and it is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Candidates should submit their completed application form and required attachments by email to: email@example.com. All applications should be received on or before 5:00 pm (East African Time) on 21st June 2022.
Note 2: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Note 3: Successful candidates after interviews will be required to obtain the following documents:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance Certificate from a Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
KENAS is an equal opportunity employer and respects diversity. Persons living with disabilities, marginalized, and minority groups who meet the job specifications are strongly encouraged to apply.