Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
AVSI Foundation Kenya is a non-governmental organization registered under NGO Coordination Board. AVSI provides service in development and humanitarian assistance and brings strong management and innovative strategies to programs promoting and improving dignified living conditions under various thematic areas; including Health, renewable energy, Food security, urban development, Education in development and in emergency, Child protection, youth skilling and Job creation orphans and other vulnerable children and adolescents (OVC).
AVSI uses an integrated and multi-sectoral approach based on the understanding of the needs of local people leveraging on local resources and linkages with potential partners to support lasting solutions. Each project AVSI implements observes human rights and the principle of leave no one behind to secure dignity and spread awareness that these rights are fundamental, universal, and uninfringeable for all. AVSI recognized its capacity to mobilize communities, reach disadvantaged populations and build effective communication among communities, local organizations and host country government authorities.
AVSI is implementing a 5-year orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) program, dubbed TUMIKIA MTOTO in Partnership with World Vision Kenya, which seeks to empower local and county-level OVC stakeholders to strengthen the formal and informal HIV and child protection systems and services and the linkages between them, including cross- sectoral service referrals and coordination to ensure quality service delivery for OVC, Caregivers and their households.
The MEAL officer will work closely with the Tumikia Mtoto Project manager to ensure the project deliverables are accomplished in accordance with the donor requirements. This will include ensuring programming is data-driven (data informed programming)
Duties and Responsibility:
1)Monitoring and evaluation strategy implementation
- Contribute to the technical design of M&E methodologies
- Ensure that accurate and high quality program data are collected and entered into CPMIS in a timely manner, data generated, to provide information for OVC programming and management decision making.
- Work with the MEAL manager in designing and/or updating the MEAL tools
- Ensure the project has Operational plans and M&E plans
- Contribute to data collection, analysis and document all program MEAL-related data, ensuring that all records are properly organized and stored.
- Analyze data for accuracy, flag validation or quality issues
- Conduct field visits for data validation and to monitor the quality and completeness of data sets; and ensure timely compilation and reporting of data and conduct quarterly DQAs in all AVSI sites
- Ensure data quality through data validation during field visits and phone calls.
- Contribute to developing and reporting of project reviews, assessments, surveys, and other analytic or evaluation processes.
- Conduct Site improvements guided by SIMs implementation guideline
- Ensure quality and timely submission of assessment reports
- Conduct surveys, focus group discussions with beneficiaries and key informant interviews to document on the outcomes of the interventions implemented for the project.
- Monitor activity implementation progress against objectives and work plans
- Ensure M&E tools and processes are understood and used by the program team, including ensuring pre and post-test are done for all trainings and documented
- Generate quarterly indicator reports for tracking progress against key indicators as needed
- Supports project teams in developing quality standards for all key program interventions to strengthen the compliance and quality aspects. Prepares or adapts monitoring tools for key activities in collaboration with Program Manager in order to measure indicators from the logframe as well as the quality of processes).
- Ensures that MEAL data is in line with MER indicators and reports are consistent with the reporting requirements
- Provides technical support in evaluations and other research activities, including engaging in ToR preparation, selection of consultants, review of evaluation design and data collection methodology, data quality assurance, data analysis, involvement of stakeholders and dissemination plan.
- Promotes and strengthens the understanding of the importance of MEAL within the organization
- Strengthen the accountability mechanisms for the project, this will include monitoring community satisfaction and discussions with beneficiaries regarding accountability and communication.
3) Learning and documentation
- Work with the project teams and communication officer to ensure documentation of program learning initiatives and outcomes (case studies, photos, lessons learnt, most significant change stories,
- Document lessons learnt and participate in the dissemination of this learning to other team members to ensure that good practice is understood and adopted and information exchanged.
- Identifying successful stories for documentation and communication with donors.
- Identify opportunities to provide and present findings and data to colleagues to contribute to decision making and strategic planning process
4) Write and present reports
- Ensure information from M&E activities is properly analyzed and written up for reporting and learning
- Support staff to ensure the quality of evaluation reports
- Promoting the sharing of written feedback about impact/ outcome and learning findings to program team and stakeholders
- Ensure report and findings are communicated effectively via close collaboration with the MEAL Manager
- Participate in external events in order to undertake M& E related data collection or share organizational and program findings
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Monitoring and Evaluation or Statistics
- At least 5yrs as an M and E Officer
- Knowledge on CPMIS
- Up to 3 research or other works that shows your analytical skills (make sure to clarify how you have contributed to such works
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and writing skills
- Advanced excel and data analysis
- Strong data management skills
- Proven data collection, analysis and report writing skills
- Experience in both qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Experience with KoBo Toolbox or other ODK software.
- Technical expertise in evidence-based monitoring and evaluation approaches and practices both for accountability and learning processes
- Strong team ethics and ability to provide leadership
- Flexible in responding to changing work priorities
- Strong IT skills (MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, with practical experience in the use of electronic communications including email, internet, etc)
- Ability to work and deliver results under minimum supervision
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Compassionate, and respectful of all people
- An eye for detail
AVSI Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel regardless of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical disability or sexual orientation.
How to apply:
Application criteria: persons interested in filling the above position should submit application accompanied by curriculum vitae, certified copies of the relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport and other supporting documents to reach this office on or before 12th June 2022 Midnight.
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDINDATES WILL BE CONTACTED