Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Research Assistant Nurse, Department of Pathology – (220000WZ)
Research Nurse, Pathology
Department: Pathology – Medical College (Research) East Africa
Entity: Aga Khan University: Location
The Aga Khan University is a pioneering institution of higher education whose mission is to improve the quality of life in the developing world and beyond, through world-class teaching, research and healthcare delivery. AKU educates students for local and global leadership from campuses and teaching hospitals in six countries, primarily in Asia and Africa. It generates new knowledge to solve problems that affect millions of people, especially the most vulnerable. The University is a private, not-for-profit institution and part of the Aga Khan Development Network. http://www.aku.edu
The Medical College, East Africa is at the forefront of building a new academic community, providing outstanding health professional education, building strong programmes of research that support graduate students and postdoctoral training, as well as offering programmes and services that are relevant to and have an impact across East Africa. The Medical College, East Africa works closely with the School of Nursing and Midwifery, as well as the Aga Khan University Hospital in Nairobi and the Aga Khan Hospital in Dar-es-Salaam, to build a strong academic community that provides outstanding education, builds strong research programmes that support graduate and postdoctoral training and programmes and services that are relevant to and have an impact across East Africa.
The Study-Histopathological changes in the SARS-CoV-2 placenta, is an approved ongoing study conducted at Aga Khan university Hospital Nairobi. The purpose is to decipher the histological changes that may occur in the placentas of women with SARS-CoV-2 and compare these changes to women with no history of Covid infection. The study will require recruitment of study participants into two arms, follow up and placental collection in accordance with the standard Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and local Ethics. The research nurse will assist the PI in recruitment, follow-up of the study participants and collection of placentas as per the approved ethical standards.
- Work with PI to provide study information and provide written informed consent;
- Recruit study participants and ensure all aspects of protocols and study requirements are well understood and met;
- Follow up participants, keep track of project patients and follow-up to ascertain delivery dates/location; and
- Responsible for collection of placentas and delivering them to pathology;
Relevant Experience and Qualifications
- Must have a Diploma in Nursing from a recognized/registered Nursing and Midwifery institution of higher learning;
- Must be a registered Nurse with a valid & active Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK) license.
- Previous experience with handling and performing the tests for samples obtained for the COVID Tests is key for this role;
- Have practical/demonstrable knowledge and experience in community and primary health; and
- Possess demonstrable knowledge of research specific guidelines i.e., good clinical practice, research governance and framework.
Knowledge and Competencies (skills, abilities & traits required)
- Strong organizational Skills
- Good time management skills
- Flexibility in order to work with and provide support for project team members
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in providing demonstrations and writing technical reports
- Attention to detail
How To Apply