Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The job holder will support the Legal lead in providing legal expertise on legal issues relating to the functions, structures, and activities of the organization and support on issues pertaining to legal and regulatory framework and monitor compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Advising and providing regular updates to the Companies on the legal responsibilities and any new laws/legislations.
- Draft necessary Company Policies.
- Provide a central point of reference, support and advice on all company Litigation and legal documentation.
- Review all Legal documents for completeness, clarity and ensure that all legal risks are adequately covered
- Educate staff of the Company on legal issues that are key in their areas of work.
- Remain current on regulatory and legal developments impacting the Companies business
- Assist the Company Secretary in the administration of board and General Meetings (Preparation of Boards papers and other necessary materials).
- Assist with identifying gaps in the policies and coordinating with relevant departments to bridge those gaps.
- Undertaking legal research on different legal areas including but not limited to policies and legal regulations.
- Prepare legal opinion on various areas of the law.
- Ensure proper documentation of the policies and other relevant legal documents.
- Prepare timely and detailed monthly reports to be submitted to the board.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor of Law degree from a recognized institution
- Post graduate Diploma in Law
- A valid practicing certificates
- Up to three (3) years’ relevant experience.
- An advocate of the High Court
Skills and Competencies
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good Communication skills
- High Integrity
- Knowledge of administrative and legal processes
- Computer proficient
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, strictly apply through: https://cic.co.ke/career/ clearly indicating the position being applied for.
The application should reach us by close of business on 22nd June, 2021. Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 19th July, 2021 consider your application unsuccessful.
N/B: This job advert is open to both internal and external candidates.