Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANCE REF: VV/UU/019/2022
Umma University is a Private Chartered University, located in a serene environment in Kajiado.
The University invites suitably qualified, highly competent and self-driven candidates to fill the position of Senior Admin-istrative Assistant at the Office of the Vice Chancellor.
To provide a comprehensive, proactive and confidential executive support service to the Vice Chancellor, with a particu-lar focus on effective management of diaries, internal and external communications and information systems. The posi-tion holder will be required to interface with and work closely with other members of the University. The Office of the Vice Chancellor consists of the Vice Chancellor and Secretary to the University Council.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To manage all aspects of the Vice Chancellor’s diary, including the effective organisation of travel, meetings, com-mittees and events involving the Vice Chancellor
- Manage the Vice Chancellor’s internal and external communications in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- To provide a professional interface between the Vice Chancellor and an extensive range of internal and exter-nal contacts and to deal with enquiries and issues that arise in the Vice-Chancellor’s Office and on behalf of the Vice-Chancellor.
- To prepare, collate and distribute information relating to various committees, working groups and meetings, including electronic coordination of agendas, accompanying papers, attending meetings and taking minutes and dissemination of outcomes and actions.
- To provide project support for strategic projects being led by the Vice-Chancellor, including research, drafting docu-ments and collating sources and resources related to projects. Proving information to support decision making relat-ing to strategic development for the University.
- To plan and manage the transition to a ‘paperless office’, which will include both utilising existing ICT platforms as well as researching into and developing comprehensive new electronic systems and databases appropriate for proj-ects driven by the Vice-Chancellor’s Office
- To provide a front of office services. , organizing and hosting high profile events and visits, leasing rebooking and negotiating with venues as required
- To provide other support to the Vice-Chancellor and other staff within the Vice-Chancellor’s Office or senior staff as requested, for example, support at corporate events, arranging and servicing meetings, travel arrangements within Kenya and outside Kenya and project administration
- To ensure that during any absences of the Vice-Chancellor both matters of routine and more critical nature are dealt with promptly and efficiently
- To manage all administrative staff employed by the University.
- To be responsible for your own self-development
- To undertake other duties not specifically stated above, which from time to time are necessary for the effective per-formance of the University’s business without altering the nature or level of responsibility involved.
- BSc/BA in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or a related field
- Proven administrative experience including experience in a senior role
- Experience managing external relations
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office packages, databases, web and email
- Strong communication ability (oral and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience of event management is an added advantage
- Creativity and problem-solving aptitude
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are advised to send copies of their academic and professional certificates, certificate of good conduct and addresses of three (3) referees who are conversant with the applicant competence in the area of special-ization. All application must be submitted to the address below on or before 23rd June, 2022.
Applications, clearly marked “Application for the position of Senior Administrative Assistant”, must be submitted on or before 23rd June, 2022 via email to email@example.com and should be send to the below address.
Kindly quote the reference number indicated above.
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Umma University is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized groups and persons living with disabil-ity are encouraged to apply.