Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reports To: Program Director, Marine Conservation
Location/Duty Station: Nairobi/Mombasa
Terms: Full Time
The International Fund for Animal Welfare is a global non-profit helping animal and people thrive together. We are experts and everyday people, working across seas, oceans and in more than 40 countries around the world. We rescue, rehabilitate and release animals, and we restore and protect their natural habitats. The problems we’re up against are urgent and complicated. To solve them, we match fresh thinking with bold action. We partner with local communities, governments, non-governmental organizations and businesses. Together, we pioneer new and innovative ways to help all species flourish. See how at www.ifaw.org
Position Summary/ Objective
Under the direction of the Marine Conservation Program Director, this position supports the worldwide implementation of strategic initiatives and campaign projects. The Program Officer is responsible for working closely with the Program Director and international program staff to ensure day-to-day international and regional coordination and quarterly reporting of program initiatives. The Program Officer also manages discrete components of the global program as requested by the Program Director to meet objectives, and represents the Program to both internal and external audiences as necessary.
Role and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Program Director and international team, work to develop and implement IFAW campaign strategies and projects. As appropriate, serve as programmatic “expert” to convey program objectives and key messages to other departments, government officials and other stakeholders.
- Working closely with the Program Director, coordinate with international staff and team members to ensure implementation and quarterly reporting of international and regional program activities.
- Coordinate the flow of information and maintain documentation for the relevant Program teams as requested by the Program Director.
- Lead the project management of specific campaigns and projects to ensure they meet targets, budgets and deadlines, work with HoP East Africa to deliver marine projects in East Africa, and conduct appropriate and comprehensive evaluation.
- When requested by the Program Director, build IFAW contacts and liaise with external groups and stakeholders; deliver campaign messages in public activities, including meetings and conferences, with external stakeholders and contractors.
- Under the supervision of the Program Director, undertake administrative tasks as necessary to ensure the smooth-running of the program, including assistance with budget management. Liaise with all IFAW departments as required to support the Program Director.
- Serve as the program’s initial point of contact for all inquiries from other IFAW departments. Work closely with Communications and Development to ensure factual content is available for the development of fundraising appeals, proposals and reports on programs, campaigns and projects for achieving fundraising and marketing objectives.
- Conduct additional tasks as requested by the Program Director
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BA/BS degree preferred, or equivalent qualifications.
- Three or more years’ experience in project management and/or campaign implementation. Additional (relevant) education may be substituted for some experience.
- Good understanding of international marine conservation issues, organisations and networks. Experience with community conservation projects preferred.
- Superior writing skills, report writing, briefing documents, strategic analysis, etc.
- International experience preferred, particularly working in an international team environment.
- Budget/financial management and Monitoring & Evaluation experience preferred.
- Organised, self-motivated and able to work independently with experience of working in a multi-task environment to tight deadlines.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well in team environments and interact harmoniously, communicate effectively, and demonstrate diplomacy and sensitivity with people from varying educational, social and cultural backgrounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities will change from time to time to meet the needs of the department and our company.
At IFAW, we aim to create and foster a workforce that reflects and contributes to the diverse, global community in which we work to improve the lives of both animals and people. We are dedicated to fostering justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion so we actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply
Your application should include your current and expected salary and benefits. The subject for your application should read: Program Officer, Marine Conservation
Applications should be received before close of business, Friday, 24th June, 2022.