Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit an ICT Customer Services Officer to respond to customer requests by diagnosing and resolving problems and supporting the ongoing technology needs of all employees by providing Level 2 and 3 help desk support.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
The job holder will work with a broad range of infrastructure products and complex client technology services and supports area of IT. He/she will also work on multiple projects concurrently as a team member or as a technical lead.
- Be the first point of contact and day-to-day technical support to end-users.
- Respond to Level 2 support and works with vendors on Level 3 support.
- Generate activity and status reports.
- Provide the user access service.
- Research trouble issues which affect multiple clients.
- Review checklists and scripts.
- Work with vendor technical support personnel on solutions for clients.
CLIENT TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT:
- Participate in deployment of new or upgrade information technology and infrastructure projects, including assisting co-workers and vendor partners.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Update configuration management tools.
- Develop and document procedures for performing configuration changes, updates, and upgrades.
- Provide ongoing support for client technology.
- Ensure that all technical resources are available for meetings that include video conferencing
- Engage the hardware vendors on issues to remedy issues or escalates for support
- Monitor and communicates system status
- Diagnose and resolve client workstation and mobile device hardware and software issues
- Create temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented
- Assist systems, programming and vendor professionals as needed to resolve problems
- Coordinate the resolution of escalated application, hardware, and software problems.
SERVICE LEVEL MANAGEMENT:
- Collaborate in the development of service-level objectives and takes steps to meet or exceed targets
- Monitor service-level objectives to ensure that requirements are met or exceeded
- Make recommendations to approve performance and client satisfaction metrics
- Follow up promptly to ensure customer satisfaction
- Track performance metrics.
- Review tracking log to identify recurring problems, or problems affecting many clients.
- Develop procedures and controls for service improvements.
- Recommend solutions to common problems and update frequently asked questions documentation
- Adhere to the integrity of controls, regulations, and guidelines
- Review operation processes to ensure consistent approval and compliance
- Make recommendations and changes as appropriate
- Create, modify, and review documentation of issue resolutions.
- Develop and deliver documentation to ensure appropriate end-user support
- Create and submit the documented resolution to the knowledgebase
- Update manuals/guidelines to incorporate new recommended products
- Maintain IT inventory management for all IT equipment and/or software following company policy and procedures
- Design standard images and design alternate images, as needed
- Evaluate and recommend new standard products for the corporate standards list
- Participate in working groups related to standards
- Provide input during the project planning and requirements phase
- Participate in the execution of various ICT Projects
Performs any other related duties as may be required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Demonstrated working knowledge of complex hardware and software products and problem solving / diagnostic skills
- At least 5 year of IT work experience
- ITIL Foundation
- Professional certifications appropriate to the technologies being supported
Post location: The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
Terms of Appointment
This position is at job level HG 13. and it is only open to Kenyan nationals.
The position is a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 28 June 2022. The position title and reference number REF: CS/510/2022 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our websites