Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the job
Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. Under its strategy, AGRA continues to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at continental and national level.
At AGRA we believe food and agriculture are the greatest opportunity to deliver inclusive economic growth and jobs to the African continent. An alliance led by Africans with roots in farming communities across the continent combined with an inclusive and diverse workforce from 24 nationalities. Our values of (I-RISE; Integrity, Respect, Innovation, Stewardship and Equity) espouse our commitment to a call to action to go beyond ourselves as we arise and transform Africa’s Agriculture.
An attractive remuneration package with benefits such as pension, medical cover, life assurance and provision of tools of trade that allow you to work productively anywhere, which are commensurate with this position’s responsibility, scope and impact.
We are looking for people who are passionate about food and agricultural systems transformation in Africa, curious and collaborative to join our innovative, growing, and multidisciplinary team.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit http://www.agra.org
The program now seeks the services of an experienced Senior Program Officer, VALUE4HER to support program implementation. The role will be based in either Nairobi, Kenya or Kigali, Rwanda or Accra, Ghana
AGRA’s revamped gender strategy has brought new initiatives such as the VALUE4HER, a flagship initiative aimed at strengthening women’s agribusinesses enterprises through access to high value markets and trade opportunities, access to finance, business leadership and management capabilities, digital networking, voice and advocacy. VALUE4HER is powered by VALUE4HERConnect, Africa’s first Women in Agribusiness digital marketplace, which leverages the power of digital technology to bridge systemic, structural and gender gaps in access to business resources, assets and services . This market-shaping platform is designed to facilitate the delivery of integrated business solutions and services to women owned/led agribusiness, to enable them to grow their businesses towards viable and profitable enterprises.
Reporting to the Head, Gender and Inclusion, the Senior Program Officer VALUE4HER will lead the lead the strategic analysis, conceptualization, planning, coordination and delivery, monitoring, learning and evaluation of the VALUE4HER initiative across countries and across the continent. He/ she will be responsible for developmental activities planned for VALUE4HER in the coming years, including implementation of the Network Vision, strategy and activities at continental and country level.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead in strategic analysis and conceptualization of projects, services and events in support of women in agribusiness.
- Lead in provision of technical assistance and backstopping in developing and delivery of integrated business solutions and services to women agripreneurs in Africa, refining models of services as per relevance and desired impact.
- Identifies and monitor key trends and contextual dynamics which the support to women in agribusiness enterprises in in Africa.
- Guide implementing partners in the design and implementation of projects and grants that enhance the positioning of women in agribusiness and agri-trade, agri-finance and an equitable business enabling environment.
- Guide implementing partners in the design and implementation of projects that enhance women agripreneurship.
- Advocate for partnerships between women networks, governments and agribusinesses to upgrade women’s agri-businesses, to boost trade and market opportunities for increased viability and profitability. Mobilizes service providers to strengthen the VALUE4HER platform services to increase buy in from actors and women members.
- Advise women in agriculture stakeholders on needs and opportunities for women in agricultural market trade policies, finance, and investment opportunities and enabling an equitable business environment
- Builds partnership with inclusive markets team and all other teams in AGRA to better leverage capabilities and investments to boost impact for women in agribusiness.
- Devise Advocacy and knowledge agenda for the initiative, lead the development of research and insights, useful for advocacy and improving the growth pathways for women’s agribusinesses.
- Communicate results through written and verbal communication.
- Oversee the initial assessment of the Vaue4Her initiative and design of business case, and delivery of strategic implementation plan.
- Create background documents, analysis, briefs and presentations, often on short timelines.
- Plan and facilitate the delivery of programs and grants in fulfilment of VALUE4HER objectives.
- Track and regularly provide intelligence on key trends and opportunities within the continent and across AGRA focus countries.
- Oversee the improved coordination and investment in the VALUE4HER initiative and the women agripreneur networks in country and across the continent.
- Develop the relevant tools for monitoring and evaluation of the initiative, implements successes and advises when remedial actions are necessary.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience working in various African countries in program design implementation and management working with women in agriculture networks, private sector government, development partners or other such institutions.
- Experience in a management consulting firm in the broad field of strategy and/or other related areas (business efficiency, performance improvement, organizational change, business and sector intelligence, stakeholder engagement etc.) will be an added advantage.
- Extensive experience in markets and private sector engagement with agricultural systems targeting women.
- Good command of English, a working knowledge of French will be an advantage.
- Aware of the new opportunities and priorities for agriculture development to both internal and external audiences.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment with multiple competing demands.
- Demonstrable ability to work in complex work dynamics and challenges. Able to adapt rapidly to new technical areas.
- Ability to deliver high quality products under pressure.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrable ability to engage government, development partners and private sector.
- Experience in developing and managing strong partnerships and relationships inside and outside the organization, managing conflicts, and building consensus. Comfortably engages with senior decision makers within organization and constructively challenges colleagues, clients, and stakeholders.
- Experience of end-to-end project management, including scoping and design, resourcing, risk management and quality assurance.
- Good team working skills.
- Excellent oral, facilitation, and written communication skills; works well in diverse teams, with efficiency and diplomacy.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Masters’ degree in agribusiness, agricultural economics, gender economics, gender in agriculture, finance and investments or other relevant disciplines related to gender, agricultural or agribusiness development.
- Deep knowledge of women’s economic empowerment and market systems development and the demonstrated ability to catalyze change in addressing challenges faced by women.
- Solid knowledge of international, continental, and regional gender in markets policies and trade institutions.
- Possesses a good understanding of agriculture market development efforts in public, private and donor sectors in Africa.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application attaching your current CV through LinkedIn or via email to email@example.com noting to quote the role title in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You must be logged in to post a comment.