Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya Forest Service (KFS) is a body corporate established under the Forest Conservation and Management Act (FCMA), 2016 with the mandate to enhance development, conservation and management of Kenya’s forest resources in all public forests for the equitable benefit of present and future generations.
In addition, the Service is mandated to provide technical advice and capacity build the County Governments in executing their respective devolved forestry functions among them management of community, private lands and on-farm forests.
KFS envisages to be an internationally recognized organization of excellence in knowledge based sustainable forest resources conservation and management. Towards this end, KFS has made tremendous and noteworthy milestones among them the attainment and surpassing of the 10% tree cover target as enshrined in the Constitution of Kenya which currently stands at 12.13% as per the National Forest Resources Assessment Report 2021.
These gains have made high positive impact in enhancing environmental integrity, economic growth, sociocultural development and climate change resilience. Subsequently, and in line with the provisions of the FCMA 2016 and Mwongozo Code of Governance for State Corporations, KFS is seeking to recruit qualified, performance driven and highly motivated individuals to support achievement of its strategic objectives in the highly dynamic forestry sector in the following positions
a) Job Specification
This is the entry for cadre for Forest Assistant. An officer at this level shall report to Forest Station Manager.
b) Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement the forest legislation and related policies for enhancing the growth and development of the forest sector.
- Labelling of seed and seedlings beds for easy identification and monitoring.
- Participate in data collection on seed germination to determine germination percentage.
- Participate to basic forest data for entry into forest records books and registers.
- Identification of nursery soil collection sites.
- Participate nursery soil curing and collection.
- Record station rainfall, wind speed, wind strength, humidity and wind direction data.
- Participate in forest survey and inventory activities.
- Carry out forest conservation activities.
- Participate in forest fire fighting
- Participate construction of germination and Swaziland beds.
- Participate in monitoring pest and diseases out breaks in the tree nursery and the field.
- Mixing of nursery soil to ensure appropriate ratios.
- Participate in nursery activities (seed sowing, pricking out, potting, hardening-off, soil fumigation, root pruning, watering, chemical and fertilizer application, cleaning and weeding).
- Identification of sites for flying nurseries to enhance proximity to planting sites.
- Participate in the implementation of forest activities (stake cutting, staking out, planting, beating up, pruning, thinning, re-spacing, coppice reduction, and climber/creeper cutting, weeding, boundary and fire break maintenance).
c) Person Specifications
- KCSE (D+)
- Certificate in Forestry
- Proficiency in computer applications
Hard copy applications
In addition to the online application, applicants MUST print and attach the NOTIFICATION EMAIL as the first page to the hard copy applications. The hard copy application should clearly indicate the position and reference number. Attach current curriculum vitae (clearly indicating the mobile number, names and contact details of three referees), copies of relevant testimonials, academic and professional certificates and copy of national identity card.
The application should clearly be marked with reference number for each position and should either be sent through the post office or hand delivered to the following address in a sealed envelope marked “APPLICATION FOR (WRITE POSTION & REFERENCE); so as to reach the Service not later than 11th July, 2022 by 5.00pm.
NB: The application will not be considered complete until the two steps are successfully undertaken. Further, email applications shall not be considered.
Chief Conservator of Forests,
Kenya Forest Service, Karura, Off Kiambu Road,
P. O. Box 30513-00100, G.P.O.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification. The Service is ISO accredited and an equal opportunity employer. Applicants living with disabilities and those from marginalized areas and minority communities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.